Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with hondacuraworld website? I clicked on "Submit" button to order pilot sidestep, and it errored out. Then I clicked the button again, and it said duplicated trxn. I am not sure if my order went though once or twice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
received an email from Tim

Got email back from Tim, and he said my order can't be found in his transaction report. But my credit card shows a temporary authorization "RAY LAKS INTERNET ACCOUNT - ORCHARD PARK $351.83 " today. He will check back with me tomorrow and see if my order shows up overnight.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The same thing happened to me when I order a cargo organizer. So I placed the order again. I was charged twice and received two organizers. Wait to hear from Tim before you do anything.

·
Registered
89 Posts
lhs-tx: Are the sidesteps genuin equipment or after market?

I'm looking into getting either the side steps or the running board. What are the pro and cons of each, besides personal preference for looks.

I'm also wondering if there's any do-it-yourselfer out there has installed either the side steps or running board? and if special tools are needed?
:cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
re: installation

I bought and installed some Manik side steps. They install similar to the Honda steps. The procedure was relatively easy and did not require special tools. I believe that Honda recommends a specific torque on the installation bolts. So if you follow that you made need a torque wrench.

You can preview the installation instructions here.

·
Registered
483 Posts
lhs-tx said:
Has anyone had a problem with hondacuraworld website? I clicked on "Submit" button to order pilot sidestep, and it errored out. Then I clicked the button again, and it said duplicated trxn. I am not sure if my order went though once or twice.
I ordered mine Sat. evening and all went at that time, there was no problem.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: Re: Problem with ordering sidestep from hondacuraworld

tonyrwc said:
I ordered mine Sat. evening and all went at that time, there was no problem.
oops................meant to say all went well

·
Registered
483 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
As of this morning, your card has not been charged nor has an order come through. Our bank statements come in overnight and according to such, no charge was issued.
Tim are you saying you have not received anyones orders yet on the sidesteps? I order mine Sat eve or Sun. , I received an e-mail from Hondacuraworld stating that it received my order. The order number is #2425.

·
Registered
483 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
Reread the thread. I was just dealing with one member.
Thank you for clearing that up for me, I read your post after I had posted and thought you were referring to me, also thanks for quick response back. What a first class operation!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
weekendpilot said:
lhs-tx: Are the sidesteps genuine equipment or after market?

I'm looking into getting either the side steps or the running board. What are the pro and cons of each, besides personal preference for looks.

I'm also wondering if there's any do-it-yourselfer out there has installed either the side steps or running board? and if special tools are needed?
:cool:
The sidesteps and running boards sold by hondacuraworld are genuine Honda parts.

I think personal preference is the main difference. The running boards have plastic (?) ends and maybe trap more dirt, but the side steps are round and the footing might seem different. Look through the other threads in the group buy section for more info.

Here's the install instructions for the side steps and the running boards. The tool lists are in the instructions, but I think you can get by with the ratchet, sockets, and open end wrenches (I'll find out in a week when my side steps get here).

Members have reported installing both, with the most common comment referring the the simple physical labor of attaching the brackets and mounting the steps or boards (no drilling required).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts