Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took possesion of my Pilot on July 11, and I LOVE it. But I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the driver's seat shifting during turns. The problem gradually got worse and I took it in and the seat adjuster was replaced on the back of the seat. It was fine for a while, but now the problem is coming back. Anyone else have a similar problem? My dealership is 60 miles away, so it's kind of inconvienent to run there just to have it checked out. I haven't experienced any of the other noise or rattles that I've read about.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I experienced this problem for the first time this past weekend. It happened on some pretty sharp turns on my way to my mother's house. It was kind of a metallic pop, almost as if the bolts weren't in all the way and the metal from the seat popped onto another thread on the bolt. I meant to look under the seat on Monday but ended up detailing the Pilot for 4 hours.

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got the same problem. The driver's side seems to shift when going around corners. I talked to the dealer about it when I was getting the "window scrunch" fixed. He claimed that it was normal and they had the same complaints about the Accord. At that time I really didn't have time to pursue the issue, but it's driving me crazy so I'm going back. I can tell you the amount of "shift" is not normal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Window Scrunch

What did they do to fix the window scrunch????? There have been many posts on this problem with no solution.......

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just picked up the Pilot from the dealer yesterday after having this problem fixed. They had to order replacement braces/bars/brackets (sorry, don't have the paperwork with me) for the driver's seat and it took about a week to get them in. Once they rec'd the parts, the install took a few hours and the problem appears to have been fixed - under warranty, of course. I'll check my paperwork tonight and post the actual parts that were replaced.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Similar to your case, they replaced the driver's seat track and adjuster. Hopefully, this fix will be permanent!! Hope this helps you out!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input, I will call my dealership and see if they can fix me up for good next time!

Deb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Window Scrunch

MizzouHavasu said:
What did they do to fix the window scrunch????? There have been many posts on this problem with no solution.......
They applied the grease/silicone as others have described. It may have made it slightly better, but it certainly did not fix it. The dealer tried to tell me that what I heard was normal body flex. I really didn't appreciate that explanation. That explanation may work with a 90 old lady, but I've built and worked on far too many vehicles. I politely explained what I heard was not normal and that if it didn't fix the problem I'd be back. So far I haven't had time to return to the dealer, but when I do I will post my results.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I've noticed that shifting in the driver seat as well. If it persists, I will try to get some changes made by the dealer

·
Registered
173 Posts
drivers seat noise

There is now a bulletin on this. They need to install some shims. Some of the seats had w bit too much clearance.

Mrs. JC

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: drivers seat noise

jctatman said:
There is now a bulletin on this. They need to install some shims. Some of the seats had w bit too much clearance.

Mrs. JC
Where are you getting these TSBs from???

Also, do you have the one for the window scrunch that is supposedly out there???

·
Registered
173 Posts
bulletins

Mr JC is & has been a Honda technician for 20+ years. Bulletins are part of his job. He brought these home last night because I told him that I'd read about some problems. So far he hasn't seen any on the window scrunch. I WILL pass it on, if found! I'm trying hard to get information out as I get it.

Mrs. JC

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mrs. JC - Thanks for the info on the TSB!

Surprisingly, I have had no problems with my driver's seat since they did the original repair. The invoice from the dealer has no mention of the shims either. Hopefully, I will not have to take it back again to have those shims added!! The track and adjuster replacement seems to be doin' the job! Anyway, thanks again for the info!

Scott

·
Registered
173 Posts
kompers

It's likely that the new adjuster parts have the proper clearance & you may never have the problem again. I didn't have it on my Accord at all.

Mrs. JC

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mrs. JC

Very true! Thanks again.

Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts