Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we put up the drivers' side 3rd seat the left corner of the seat back catches and hangs up on the back floor panel. We have to put pressure there to keep it from doing so. The passenger side doesn't have this problem. In time the carpet on the seat back will bend up at the edge. I became aware of this problem when I notice the bent up edge on the carpet on one of the pilots on the dealer lot. When we purchased ours it did the same thing. The dealer acknowledged the problem but there isn't an adjustment. I looked at 3 pilots since and they all do the same thing. I met another pilot owner and mentioned it to her. There carpet was already bent. Her husband is a Honda salesman and he checked all the ones on their lot and they all had the problem.

Jim

·
Registered
166 Posts
Can you please post a picture? I'm having a hard time picturing this right now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't seen that problem. My guess is that you have the 2nd row seat back tilted too far back. Are you aware that the 2nd row seat back do tilt?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Jim, I'm with gksmith on this one... can you post a picture of the bent up carpet? I'm not sure I follow what you mean.... :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try to post a picture but I don't have bent carpet because I am aware of the problem and compensate. To see what I mean, stand at the rear of the car and put the 3rd row driver's seat up. Watch the crack between the bottom of the seat back and the cover of the rear storage cover. When you put the seat up you will see the seat back catch on the storage cover. As they move past each other the fit is very tight. Now compare this side to the passenger side which has more room (a wider space between the seat back and the storage cover). When we first looked at a pilot on the dealer's lot the edge of the seat back was bent. It is just carpet glued onto cardboard and attached to the seat. If you put the seat up enough times you will eventually have a problem. When I put up the 3rd seat I have to push my thumb against the bottom corner to get the seat to pass.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts