Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone when I bought my 2005 Honda Pilot it only came with one key the valet key I think it’s called with no keyless entry remotes, I purchased 2 remotes and tried programming it with the steps I found online by cycling the ignition with no success does anyone have any advice? I’m assuming it won’t program because that’s not the master key so now am I talking several hundred dollars at the Honda dealer??

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,894 Posts
Have you tried this?

Keep trying, it eventually does work, if your fobs are good. In the end, what finally worked for me when using the method that goes from II to 0 didn't work: Going from II to I is what did it for me.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
You have to be fast and follow the process to the letter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone when I bought my 2005 Honda Pilot it only came with one key the valet key I think it’s called with no keyless entry remotes, I purchased 2 remotes and tried programming it with the steps I found online by cycling the ignition with no success does anyone have any advice? I’m assuming it won’t program because that’s not the master key so now am I talking several hundred dollars at the Honda dealer??
I had a problem doing this on a 2005 a couple days ago, just note the keys won’t work until you take the key out of the ignition as it’s a preventative measure to keep you from locking your keys in the car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts