Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why 15 post to be able to send a private message. I saw a persons post that bought a pilot in MS and want to PM him. I cannot till I have 15 post. Since I am new I am having to find things that I can post. Is there any way around that?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just respond to 15 posts with a comment of great post. You will be there in no time. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to the message board rules, but you gotta live with them.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I think you click on the member's avatar, then from what appears click on "Start conversation." Why they can't just call it "private message" like everybody else is beyond me.

Sent you a test message. Please forgive the typo therein.

·
Registered
348 Posts
These groups are very helpful, but they are a convoluted mess! LoL. They're hard to navigate, especially when you're new. Just keep responding to posts. Just say, that's interesting or I have an itch somewhere private and stuff like that lol.

·
Administrator
584 Posts
I think you click on the member's avatar, then from what appears click on "Start conversation." Why they can't just call it "private message" like everybody else is beyond me.

Sent you a test message. Please forgive the typo therein.
Believe it or not the term "Private message" is actually trademarked, so Xenforo (the software the site uses) had to call it something different.

Niall

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I have a feeling that the owner of that copyright will never attempt to defend it. PM's have been in use by that name from before the world wide web was invented to simplify things for common folks. Think DARPA in the times prior to the 1980's. Yes, there are a few remaining white-hairs like me who remember the time between the invention of the telegraph and the early days of www. ;)

·
Administrator
584 Posts
That may be a risk some sites want to take, but that is also why you see many other sites finding similar words to PM that are not PM specifically. The idea of pulling someone (or a few people) aside for a private conversation may be some words to get used to, but I have a feeling that in a year the term conversation will become as normal to you as it is now for me.

-Gerrit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts