Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW! What an outstanding site! After spending an outrageous amount of time on this site, I've finally went a ahead and did it. I placed my order last night for 2004 EX-L RES from Park Honda, Ohio. Color choice was a tough one. In the end it came down to either White or Sage Brush Pearl, wife really liked the Fern interior. Kicked around pros and cons of each color and decided on Sage Brush Pearl. Planning to hang on to it for a very long time and we just think the Sage will look better long term. I've seen too many white vehicles that look nice and vibrant when they leave the lot to only turn dull after a couple of years. Should be in by the end of the week.

As I was going over the details of my order, I noticed that in the 2004 Brochure, the color swatches for Gray and Fern interiors are reversed from what in shown in the 2003 Brochure. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this just a printing error? If this is an actual production change, then this could have a definite impact on our exterior color selection, since my wife was favoring the lighter gray.

Any input on whether or not this is a printing error would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I don' know nothin' about birthin' no printin' errors, but congratulations and welcome to the site! If you want to see what your SBP will look like with chrome bumper garnish and fog lights, click on the chrome bumper garnish link in my signature!

And again, welcome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: Fog Lights

Really wanted the fog lights, might do myself at a later date. I was going to have the dealer install, but I noticed on their demo model that there were gaps between the housing and the bumper. In my opinion, didn't look all that professional. Was concerned that it might have been the result of a poor install. Was told by another dealer that they have also experienced a similar problem. Sometimes the housing fit tight and sometimes there is a gap. Could not guarantee the final results, so I passed for now.

Do you have a tight fit on yours or do you have the gap? Any idea on how to eliminate the gap? If I can eliminate the gap, I definitely want the fogs.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: RE: Fog Lights

ohiopilot04 said:
Really wanted the fog lights, might do myself at a later date. I was going to have the dealer install, but I noticed on their demo model that there were gaps between the housing and the bumper. In my opinion, didn't look all that professional. Was concerned that it might have been the result of a poor install. Was told by another dealer that they have also experienced a similar problem. Sometimes the housing fit tight and sometimes there is a gap. Could not guarantee the final results, so I passed for now.

Do you have a tight fit on yours or do you have the gap? Any idea on how to eliminate the gap? If I can eliminate the gap, I definitely want the fogs.
The fit is fairly tight. I did have a gap when I overtightened one screw. It was no problem to fix.

Sounds like typical dealer quality work.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Re: RE: Fog Lights

ohiopilot04 said:
Really wanted the fog lights, might do myself at a later date. ... Do you have a tight fit on yours or do you have the gap? Any idea on how to eliminate the gap? If I can eliminate the gap, I definitely want the fogs.
Just went out and looked--my admin thinks I'm crazy! It looks pretty tight to me but you can definitely tell that the fog light housing is a separate piece of plastic than the middle piece.

I will defer to N_Jay and others on the best way to eliminate the gap. My idea of "do it yourself" is when my wife won't call the lawn service and I have to!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RE: Fern for 2004 (light or dark)?

Since you have a 2004 in SBP, is your interior light gray or dark gray? The 2004 Brochure shows Fern as the dark gray now. I just called customer service at Honda America and basically didn't get a straight answer. I hope Fern for 2004 is still the lighter gray.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Re: RE: Fern for 2004 (light or dark)?

ohiopilot04 said:
Since you have a 2004 in SBP, is your interior light gray or dark gray? The 2004 Brochure shows Fern as the dark gray now. I just called customer service at Honda America and basically didn't get a straight answer. I hope Fern for 2004 is still the lighter gray.
Sorry, I'm just not sure. It looks like light gray to me, and we like it, but I'm not sure of what the alternative would look like. If you can post a pic, showing the differences, I might be able to give you a better answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts