Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a lurker for some time know, and have seen all the great info all have contributed. Thank you all! I hope to add to this if and when I find my Pilot (EXL RES). I see a number of different great deals a number of you have gotten and was curious about pricing. What did you pay for your Pilot? In the Northeast, most dealers will quote MSRP or just below. I have had only 1 dealer offer $800 below MSRP. What happened to the concept of cost plus rather than MSRP down? If I cannot find anyone to deal with, my wife will push for an 04 Highlander with the 3rd seat. (sigh!):confused:

·
Registered
620 Posts
JK110 said:
I have been a lurker for some time know, and have seen all the great info all have contributed. Thank you all! I hope to add to this if and when I find my Pilot (EXL RES). I see a number of different great deals a number of you have gotten and was curious about pricing. What did you pay for your Pilot? In the Northeast, most dealers will quote MSRP or just below. I have had only 1 dealer offer $800 below MSRP. What happened to the concept of cost plus rather than MSRP down? If I cannot find anyone to deal with, my wife will push for an 04 Highlander with the 3rd seat. (sigh!):confused:
Lucky for you, the Highlander will not have a 3rd row seat in '04. I paid $29,300 for my EX-L in NorCal including destination. That's about $1,700 undr MSRP. You shoud be able to get at least that with the '04 coming out...

·
Registered
620 Posts
my3kids said:
I paid $29,600 for an EXL RES 4 months ago.
You my friend, got a steal of a deal!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would LOVE to get under 30 - I have gotten quotes from around 6 dealers in the vicinity and 31680 has been the lowest. The COSTCO program does not include the pilot in this area - anyone use AAA?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Well, that's about $400 below MSRP for a 2003. You might want to check this thread...

Should I wait for 2004

·
Registered
686 Posts
My wife and I bought a 2003 EX-L sandstone metallic pilot, 2 weeks ago in Dallas, Texas. Paid 1000 below msrp at 29950.00. Took my son-in-law with us to do all the dealing. While we spent 5 hours negotiating with dealer, I watched them sell another 5 Pilots over msrp. The Pilot is in such demand (Honda's quality) that most dealers do not have to work at selling them. My wife loves the new Pilot, says it is the best vechile, we have ever owned.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
gahnman said:
I just received a quote of 31,800 on a 2004 EX-L RES.
Is this a good deal?
gahnman: Hard to say at this point if $31,800 is good or not since the MSRP for the 2004 Pilots is still unknown to the general public...

...I'm curious what the salesman (or manager) at your dealership is basing his quote on? :confused: Does he/she have inside knowledge of the 2004 prices? :8:

·
Registered
3 Posts
No. They are just guessing. They quoted 31,300 for a 2003 and told me they would give me a 2004 for five hundred dollars more. If they are wrong and it's more they will stand by the quote. If it goes up less than five hundred I guess I lose out.

I forgot to mention that quote includes the destination charge.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have gotten a price of 32180 for a 2004 - if i could get him to get to the 31680 number I got on the 2003 from a different dealer, I might take it...:jump3: I think they have plenty of wiggle room for the 2004's as they are making approx. 2400 + holdback (around 950) and any other dealer incentives they might be getting and not telling us about, so I figure they are making around 10% over cost with the 800 below MSRP on the 2003...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rockman19762001 said:
My wife and I bought a 2003 EX-L sandstone metallic pilot, 2 weeks ago in Dallas, Texas. Paid 1000 below msrp at 29950.00. Took my son-in-law with us to do all the dealing. While we spent 5 hours negotiating with dealer, I watched them sell another 5 Pilots over msrp. The Pilot is in such demand (Honda's quality) that most dealers do not have to work at selling them. My wife loves the new Pilot, says it is the best vechile, we have ever owned.
5 hour negotiations - that makes my 800 below MSRP no questions seem like a bargain - Brutal - well at least you walked out with what you wanted...congrats...

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
rockman19762001 said:
My wife and I bought a 2003 EX-L sandstone metallic pilot,
[snip]
Excellent color choice I might add!!!! Sounds like you got a good deal on pricing too!

:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
i got one a month ago at 31800. 2003, sage brush.. ex-res. tried several dealers and that was best i can get.. i am in new jersey btw.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zyprex said:
i got one a month ago at 31800. 2003, sage brush.. ex-res. tried several dealers and that was best i can get.. i am in new jersey btw.
Appreciate the location with the price - thanks - I just got a quote of 30,900, although I will have to travel a ways to get it. Thinking I probably will though...:rolleyes: :) :2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
skirmish said:
Bought a SS EX-L two days ago in Houston for $28262. 5 year/100k, zero deductible Honda Care warranty for $795 more.

Hey Skirmish, do you mind sharing who you dealt with here in Houston? I have been lurking here for for a while soaking up all this good info and I am getting ready to try and buy one here soon. Thanks, Sean

·
Registered
23 Posts
Goodson Honda North is where I bought ours. If you PM me I'll give you the person's name I dealt with and give you some additional details. They also give you your first year's oil changes on the house and offer an owner's clinic the first Tuesday of each month. I called and/or visited every dealer in Houston and even Baytown, College Station, and San Antonio. David McDavid Honda on the south freeway came close, but Goodson beat them (plus Goodson is 5 minutes from my front door). Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info, I would like to know who you talked to there, that is right down the way from me also. (I live in Spring.) I would send a PM to you but I think you have that and email turned off in your profile? If you don't mind could you send me a PM? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts