Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Pricing for Pilot

3818 Views 29 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  tyu
I live near Frederick, MD, and am ready to buy a Pilot. Any suggestions on what I should expect to pay, relative to MSRP? Are prices at, above, or below MSRP for an EX-L?

Thanks,

Chekyursix
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
11,049 Posts
Chekyursix said:
Thanks. I was afraid you would say that.

That's what I've been quoted the couple of days.
Any dealer here in Northern Virginia seems to be selling them before the hit the lot, still. When you can do that, why deal? :(

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ain't that the truth. Yesterday we put a deposit on one that is being built in late January for February delivery. It seems the only way to get one is to order it directly or put a deposit on one that the dealer has ordered.

· Registered
11,049 Posts
Chekyursix said:
Ain't that the truth. Yesterday we put a deposit on one that is being built in late January for February delivery. It seems the only way to get one is to order it directly or put a deposit on one that the dealer has ordered.
Congrats! We'll be looking for pictures before Groundhog Day!:D

· Registered
675 Posts
Pilot Discounts

I have read on this forum about dealers in Ohio giving large discounts ($3000) - don't know how true or up-to-date that info is. But it seems you are only a 7 hour drive from there. Might be worth a shot if you can save $1000 or more...Search under "general discussions/Ohio deals.

Also, a dealer in Harrisburg, PA giving $1600 discounts, less than 2 hours for you. Do a search for Harrisburg to get the dealer name. I think this one may even deliver it to you free.

If nothing else, the threat of you canceling for one of these better deals may get your dealer to drop a $1000 or so.

Also, you might want to check the Costco price if there is one near you. It will be at least $300 off of MSRP.

YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN MSRP!!! And think of all the accesssories you can buy with your savings...

One more note: DO NOT TAKE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY UNTIL YOU RESEARCH PRICING ON THIS BOARD.

Let us know what you end up doing.

· Registered
11,049 Posts
Re: Pilot Discounts

Pairallel said:
...snip

One more note: DO NOT TAKE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY UNTIL YOU RESEARCH PRICING ON THIS BOARD.

Let us know what you end up doing.
Start your extended warranty pricing here. Much lower than what any dealer in this area will offer, and it's a genuine HondaCare warranty.:4:

· Registered
190 Posts
Dont believe the "have to wait in line" deal. Many dealers presell what they will be getting in and my local dlr said March is the first non sold one coming. Their price was to knock $490 off the MSRP (which is the freight charge) but then charged $350 for mud guards and wheel locks. Take it or leave it. HA HA HA goodbye.

HOWEVER a fair ammount of dealers WONT presell them and its a whoever gets there first gets the truck deal. Keep good contact with a salesman at all the dealers and when they get what you want, they will usually take a phone deposit. .

As for price, go to all your local dealer websites and request their internet price. Once you get them all, email them back asking them to beat the lowest you received and make sure it includes the $490 freight price. Right now Im at $1,110 UNDER MSRP after a few days of emailing. MAYBE thats because its the end of the year. Ill see if that price still holds for the new year and if I can get what I want in the color I want. Im also looking at a nissan Murano SE AWD. My wife and i like the nissan a lot more but it remains to be seen if the discount on those can bring the price close to the pilot.

Jeff

· Registered
11,049 Posts
why2kmax said:
Dont believe the "have to wait in line" deal. Many dealers presell what they will be getting in and my local dlr said March is the first non sold one coming. Their price was to knock $490 off the MSRP (which is the freight charge) but then charged $350 for mud guards and wheel locks. Take it or leave it. HA HA HA goodbye.

HOWEVER a fair ammount of dealers WONT presell them and its a whoever gets there first gets the truck deal. Keep good contact with a salesman at all the dealers and when they get what you want, they will usually take a phone deposit. .

As for price, go to all your local dealer websites and request their internet price. Once you get them all, email them back asking them to beat the lowest you received and make sure it includes the $490 freight price. Right now Im at $1,110 UNDER MSRP after a few days of emailing. MAYBE thats because its the end of the year. Ill see if that price still holds for the new year and if I can get what I want in the color I want. Im also looking at a nissan Murano SE AWD. My wife and i like the nissan a lot more but it remains to be seen if the discount on those can bring the price close to the pilot.

Jeff
why2kmax , where are you located? Here in the greater DC area you won't find any deals on a Pilot, period. As previously posted in this thread, you have to get out of this general area to see any price flexibility at all. Make sure you check out nissanmurano.org. :p

· Registered
190 Posts
jay said:
why2kmax , where are you located? Here in the greater DC area you won't find any deals on a Pilot, period. As previously posted in this thread, you have to get out of this general area to see any price flexibility at all. Make sure you check out nissanmurano.org. :p
Jay, so sorry for the late reply. I am in Bel Air MD (35miles NE of Baltimore) Ordered from Faulkner Honda in Harrisburg PA, I worked with Rob Clarkson. Discount ended up being about $1500 off MSRP The pilot will be in hopefully this week or next week. No BS no beating around the bush just a straight up offer that beat everyone.

Christine Johnson at O'Donnell honda in ellicott city MD (west of baltimore) came closest to that after pushing them. They offered $1400 off MSRP but add in a $100 processing fee. Im sure you could get them to drop it but since they are equidistant from my house I went with The first no BS reply from Rob at Faulkner.

I think mike greengold of Jim coleman honda in Clarksville (howard county) and tim Rader of Anderson in Baltimore city were the next best at about 800 off msrp. All prices included the $490 freight. Dont let them quote you a price without including that

Jeff

· Registered
12 Posts
I'm a bandit I guess

I made out like a bandit on by wife's pilot back in November '03. We bought a 2004 EX-L Sagebrush Pearl for $2900 under invoice. After getting what I thought was a bad deal at about $500 under invoice, I called 3 dealerships and spoke to their Internet Sales person. One of the dealerships gave me the price I wanted on the first call but did not have the color we wanted the other two said they would get back to me the next day if they could meet MY price. Well only one called back but they did have what I wanted and for the price I was willing to pay. I actually put the down payment on my credit card while stuck in traffic. We love the Pilot so far, but I wish I got to drive it more.:1:

· Registered
18 Posts
To bphinson:

If you got $2,900 under INVOICE (and not sticker) price, you really did get a great deal. I paid about $2,500 under MSRP, including the OEM accessories.

· Registered
11,049 Posts
why2kmax said:
Jay, so sorry for the late reply. I am in Bel Air MD (35miles NE of Baltimore) Ordered from Faulkner Honda in Harrisburg PA, I worked with Rob Clarkson. Discount ended up being about $1500 off MSRP The pilot will be in hopefully this week or next week. No BS no beating around the bush just a straight up offer that beat everyone.

Christine Johnson at O'Donnell honda in ellicott city MD (west of baltimore) came closest to that after pushing them. They offered $1400 off MSRP but add in a $100 processing fee. Im sure you could get them to drop it but since they are equidistant from my house I went with The first no BS reply from Rob at Faulkner.

I think mike greengold of Jim coleman honda in Clarksville (howard county) and tim Rader of Anderson in Baltimore city were the next best at about 800 off msrp. All prices included the $490 freight. Dont let them quote you a price without including that

Jeff
Congrats on the Pilot. As always, can't wait for pictures when it finally arrives.:p

· Registered
162 Posts
I am amazed to see people getting such a big cut under MSRP. I went to 3 different dealerships when looking and my dealer gave be the best offer of $1000 under MSRP (with shipping). The two other places only gave me $500 and NO discount respectively.

$2500??? wow.

· Registered
12 Posts
Correction

You are right Paris. I should have said $2900 Under MSRP not Invoice. Still a great deal and a great vehicle. This my first car buying experience that I feel I did not get screwed on in some way.

· Registered
2,168 Posts
Chekyursix said:
I live near Frederick, MD, and am ready to buy a Pilot. Any suggestions on what I should expect to pay, relative to MSRP? Are prices at, above, or below MSRP for an EX-L?

Thanks,

Chekyursix
Hi Chekyursix ,

I think the Piloteers here have given you excellent advice to check outside the Frederick-Greater DC area. I wish I'd known about the Harrisburg option before I bought mine in Germantown (MD).

Looking ahead to after you've become the proud Pilot owner, I can recommend your "local" Honda dealership in Frederick--Shockley--for servicing your vehicle. I've purchased and/or had my Hondas serviced there for longer than I'd care to admit (20 years, actually!) and have generally had positive experiences over the years.

BUT Shockley wouldn't come through for me on my Pilot purchase. There's never a Pilot to be seen on their lot (I drive by there everyday to/from work), though Accords are lined up out the kazoo. So anybody trying to work with them (on a Pilot purchase) can pretty much count on playing the ordering game--on their terms.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I'm new to this forum but have found all your comments extremely valuable in determining whether the Pilot was the right choice for us. I'm happy to say that I will be picking up our new Sage Brush Pearl EXL-NAV on Saturday. After reading all of your posts, I think we got a great deal - $1300 under MSRP. Thanks to everyone for all of your insight!

· Registered
11,049 Posts
Bethesda1 said:
Hi. I'm new to this forum but have found all your comments extremely valuable in determining whether the Pilot was the right choice for us. I'm happy to say that I will be picking up our new Sage Brush Pearl EXL-NAV on Saturday. After reading all of your posts, I think we got a great deal - $1300 under MSRP. Thanks to everyone for all of your insight!
Welcome! Congrats! We'll be looking for pictures Sunday!:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.