Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, Folks:

I’m curious to know what people have paid to tint their Pilots. I’d love to hear what it costs at both dealers and aftermarket shops.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just had my two front windows tinted to match the passenger and rear hatch tint last Tuesday. It also included the two little "vent" windows above the blind side alert symbols. I was told that the tint this dark is illegal in this state and could result in a ticket. Decided to take the chance since I see a lot of vehicles with this dark of tint here.

Fast Lane Truck and Accessories aka Fast Lane Tint and Auto charged me $85.00 which includes a lifetime warranty on the film.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a pretty nice price.

So, does that mean the back windows are tinted illegally dark? Just the little windows? Maybe I misunderstood that part...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
732 Posts
No, the factory tint is legal on the rear hatch and the rear windows even though it is very dark. If you notice, the front windows are a lighter tint than any other window from the factory.

I had the two front windows and the "vent" or "wing" windows up front tinted to match the rest of the windows. It took 2 large pieces of film for the windows, and 2 small pieces for the wing windows. Total cost was $85.00

It is too dark (illegal here) on the front windows only even though they match the rest of the windows now according to the state. Any factory tint regardless of how dark is legal.

Reactions: dea0002

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are many levels of tint quality. I would never have a dealer tint my windows. Or get the "cheap" tint.

My Pilot has black interior so heat rejection was the utmost importance. I went with Formula One Stratos 35% on the 2 front windows. It's a little lighter than the rear windows...30% would have been a better match, but I wanted it a little lighter. Cost was $160. It was another $450 to do the rest of the car. They advised going with a 35% - 40% over the stock tint in the rear. Remember, the stock "tint" does not have any heat rejection... it's just a dark window.

Formula One Pinnacle - Quoted $125 for 2 windows

3M Crystaline - quoted $300 for 2 windows

I've used Formula One Pinnacle on my last 3 cars and love it. But they just came out with the Stratos... and the heat rejection over the Pinnacle is truly amazing. All my next cars will have Stratos.

My other car has Pinnacle including Air80 on the windshield and 30% around the car including the sunroof. Cost me $600 for the entire car including windshield ($250 by itself)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: dea0002

·
Registered
618 Posts
Where I am tint usually is around 85-90 for the 2 fronts. I still haven’t tinted mine yet but ill get to it eventually. Issue is here I have to take them off. Now with NYS inspections they have cameras for who’s doing the inspection and window tint meters and no one is taking chances because the fines are so high. I know tons of people but no one will touch them.

One shop around me will charge you one price to remove and redo before and after inspection. Solar Shades In Poughkeepsie. I usually don’t go them I prefer another place but its not a bad deal for removal and redoing them. The guy that does my tints put limo tint on the governors SUV after the law was in place smh. Must be nice to make the laws and be able to break them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts