Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... I"ve just joined your group so don't know if this is within your rules but I'm wondering if y'all discuss prices...

I'm looking to buy an EX, w/ Towing, Fog lamps, mud flaps, and rubber floor/cargo mats...

Does $32,500 - 33,000 (Tax, Tags & registration included) sound like a good deal for the Washington DC/Metro area?

Excuse me if this is an inappropriate question... I was just trying to make sure I can sleep well if I go for the deal.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Rumlmkt said:
Hello... I"ve just joined your group so don't know if this is within your rules but I'm wondering if y'all discuss prices...

I'm looking to buy an EX, w/ Towing, Fog lamps, mud flaps, and rubber floor/cargo mats...

Does $32,500 - 33,000 (Tax, Tags & registration included) sound like a good deal for the Washington DC/Metro area?

Excuse me if this is an inappropriate question... I was just trying to make sure I can sleep well if I go for the deal.
Welcome Rumlmkt!!

Don't worry about offending anyone here. We cover it all.

I got my EX-L for 34K out the door (in Silicon Valley) with cargo cover, running boards, mud flaps, and crossbars, so 32,500 sounds like a fairly good deal with the options you are asking for. Make sure you settle on an "out the door" purchase so you know what you are paying for.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Rumlmkt said:

Rumlmkt - your numbers sound like a fare deal. You might want to pad them a little more when you go to the dealer so you can have some bargaining room. Since the EX MSRP is just below $30k I wouldn't pay more than the $32.5 you stated. Also you might want check the group buy forum. You might come out better buying your mud flaps and all weather floor mats (assuming you don't want to do the fog lights yourself) from Tim @ Hondacuraworld.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rmlmrkt,

Welcome to the forum!

There are lots of price discussions in prior threads, including several discussions focused on prices in the Metro DC area.

Do a search using some of the following terms and you will find them:

DC, MSRP, price, etc.

Good luck.

fitzkorn

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Rumlmkt said:

welcome...you can ask anything here....just get a six pack :2: :2: :2:
well check the price of assessories online and see if you can do installation yourself will be cheaper....specially since dealers try to make a lot of money of these

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pilot vs. CRV

Has anyone run a comparison between
the Honda CRV and the Honda Pilot? The CRV is more affordable but is a bit small for a family. We are wondering if the extra money to buy the Pilot makes sense for us

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Rumlmkt said:

Welcome to honda-pilot.org, Rumlmkt!

I happen to have the purchase order for my EX at hand. The $29,050 price I paid for the basic vehicle included the mandatory $460 destination charge plus the wheel locks that were on the car. The final, on-the-road, all-inclusive price was $34,152, which included $3,292 for the following dealer-provided/installed accessories:

1. Complete towing package
2. Running boards
3. Front lower trim w/garnish and w/fog lights
4. Rear mud flaps
5. Cargo tray
6. All-weather mats

In addition, we got 3.43 percent financing through the dealer.

At the time of our purchase, Dec. 14, I think (for the Montgomery Co., MD area) we got a modest good deal on the base price of the car. BUT I still think what we paid for the accessories was outrageous. And, as high as that price was, it was only offered after we literally were en route to the door to walk out.

This was at Criswell Honda in Germantown.

So beware of high dealer-installed accessories. At Criswell, at least, they just wouldn't come down to anything close to what we considered reasonable. But we weren't prepared for DIY, and we just wanted the car--the only one on the lot, which happened to be the color and trim level (EX) we wanted.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
2003 Pilot EX

Hi,

I got my Pilot EX (without any further options except for a free key chain :((( ) this month in Northern California for $1700 below MSRP, which is set for about $29,730. I am not sure if it's a good deal...

Because the dealer just wouldn't budge when I asked for options like running boards and other stuff.. They just charge too much if your car doesn't come with you, so you can't negotiate the price as a whole. I found many accessories on EBAY.COM with much lower prices.

Good luck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm in Fairfax County, I got mine 1 month ago for $30.1K, off the lot, out the door, on the road. No accessories, except for mug guards/pinstripes, which were already on the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. We bought a Silver EX-L NAVI with TWO FREE KEY CHAINS and one free oil change (Whoa!) for $30,999 not including tax. We were quoted $30,599 via response through Edmunds.com, but as soon as we walked in with the quote in hand, the dealer pulled the "gee wiz, has that internet price still not cbeen orrected?...we're sorry."

The lowest quote we got through edmunds was $30,400. A very reputable dealer close to home was willing to do only $1000 off sticker.

Overall a fair deal although it is getting towards the end of the '03 model year.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If they don't come down any more on the Pilot, I may just buy an Accord. Do any of you have any experience with the Accord?

:confused:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
dirkpitt said:
If they don't come down any more on the Pilot, I may just buy an Accord. Do any of you have any experience with the Accord?

Member airgate had a 2001 Accord, traded it in for a 2003 Pilot, then sold the Pilot for a 2003 Accord, so he's the one name that comes to mind: Saying Goodbye to our Pilot.

He isn't around that much anymore, though... :(

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
dirkpitt said:

Traded my Accord for the Pilot! Problem free for the 5 years I owned it! :D
Lots of members here still have Accords with over 100K miles.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Sage said:

Traded my Accord for the Pilot! Problem free for the 5 years I owned it! :D
Lots of members here still have Accords with over 100K miles.
...and one of them goes by the name florida_guy who has 197,000 miles on his Accord that he bought in 1991 with 8 miles on the odeometer (or something like that)!!! :p ;) :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thank you all for your posts @ the Accord. After reading every Edmunds report on it and all the consumer surveys, I have made my mind up.

Thanks again.
dp
:18:

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
OK, DP, does the post of an Accord indicate that decision?

Don't think you can go wrong with either choice, the Accord is a great value and would be a fabulous choice if you don't need the extra space and AWD.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah...big discussion with self about needs v wants these days. The needs are winning....need to go here, there....I love my Sequioa, but it was mostly a want. Thanks

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
dirkpitt said:
Yeah...big discussion with self about needs v wants these days. The needs are winning....need to go here, there....I love my Sequioa, but it was mostly a want. Thanks
Enjoy your Accord, dirkpitt! :29:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just a question, DP... did you consider the CR-V at all? Might be the best compromise. Lots of people on this board have posted how much they love 'em.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts