Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what other people think of the premium waxes out there. I do some detailing as a side business and have used Zymol estate glazes before. My father just ordered some Zymol for around $150 for 8 ounces. I am going to help him wax his 5 day old Lexus tomorrow. He can afford the stuff -- I cant so I use Meguiars 3 step system.

Do you guys think its worth it? I have used the Zymol before and do notice that it keeps dirt off the car better than other waxes.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
IMO the best premium wax is Souveran. That super-high-end Zymol is good, but not worth the cost per ounce (nor as good, IMO) compared to Souveran. Best value for premium waxes is probably P21S/S100.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Meguiars

I've been using Meguiars products for years and have been extremely satisfied with them. I use the gold series of cleaners, polishes and waxes, and find that I get a pretty damn good looking shine from them.

I also find the products stay on for a good length of time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am very satisfied with ZAINO. I am a former Meguires and Zymol user. Water and snow roll off better than any that I have tried and I feel the cost of the product is justified by the results.

·
Registered
411 Posts
billgiblin said:
I was wondering what other people think of the premium waxes out there. I do some detailing as a side business and have used Zymol estate glazes before. My father just ordered some Zymol for around $150 for 8 ounces. I am going to help him wax his 5 day old Lexus tomorrow. He can afford the stuff -- I cant so I use Meguiars 3 step system.

Do you guys think its worth it? I have used the Zymol before and do notice that it keeps dirt off the car better than other waxes.
I've been using Zymol for years. Our 97 CRV and 87 VW still have paint that looks like new. I use Zymol that costs about $40 a container, but it goes a long way (about 4 waxings), so I consider it economical.

I like Zymol because:
- it protects the paint
- adds the oils your paint needs
- easy to apply/remove
- doesn't discolor plastic/rubber trim

·
Registered
411 Posts
Also,

I wanted to add....

Zymol began selling a less expensive liquid wax a few years back, which you can purchase almost anywhere. I do not recommend this one, since it does not last very long (but it does provide a great shine!)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where to buy waxes

I was going to wait 'til the spring to wash and wax my Pilot by hand. I want to use high quality products but I know little about what I should buy. Reading here is great, but where should I shop?

thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Zanio for life !!!!!!!!!!

:6:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Zaino

Yeah!!!! Zaino for life !!!!!! :4:

Actually, had the test used the Z-6 product also, it probably would have won by an even wider margin.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If your looking for something that is easy to use and provides a great shine with longlasting protection, try Poorboy's Polish w/ 100% Carnuba. It shines and protects like Zaino without all the steps. The Spray & Wipe waterless wash is absolutely amazing also. I haven't used water to clean my vehicles since I started using Poorboy's products.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You got me thinking so I go visit an old friend that has been in the car business for a very long time.
I ask him the same question.
His answer. Not really. As long as you stay away from the 1.99 stuff. He then takes me to his garage (I would die for this place) and points out two older cars that he restored about 20 years ago. He ask me which has the better looking finish, both look great to me. On one he uses a popular brand that you can pick up for less than $15.00 per container and the other a very high end brand. Look, feel, etc. you could not see/feel a difference. After doing the same routine with his customs some of them still want the high end stuff.

I then ask why he has the high end stuff on hand. He said some of his clients would not do business with him unless he had what "they" considered the "good stuff". At the $1000.00 + he charges to detail their cars he is very happy to give them what ever they "think" is the best. And when I say detail I mean DETAIL. When he is finished he delivers them back to the owner in a trailer that is sealed and has filtered air conditioning and humidity control.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think almost any wax will pass the white glove test when the vehicle is not exposed to the customary environmental conditions of everyday driving. For me, the choice in waxes usually boils down to a compromise among application convenience, cost, and durability.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Zaino'd

Funny (above).

I put a real nice coat of Zaino on mine late last summer and the water still beads as if I had just waxed (polymered) it. With all this road salt, I'm washing my Pilot often.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just bought my first set of Zaino products last night, I will be applying them in the next couple of weeks to my father's CL-S and my Integra, I can't wait to see how this stuff works.

And when we finally get out Pilot I will be using it on that too!

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are so many kind of Zymol wax products.
Which one is good for Pilot ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
PSUPilot

PSUPilot, Be sure to clay first. Makes a big difference if you've never done it!

Don't use too much Zaino. Just when you think that you're not possibly using enough product, that's just about the right amount.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That is what the distributor told me too. I did buy the clay and will be doing that first. I will be using Z1 and Z5, have you used the new ZXF?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts