Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchase a 2013 Honda Pilot. Ditched a POS 2009 Buick Enclave the consumed my life for far too long….. but I digress. It says that is is predicted for a trailer but doesn’t have the plug at the hitch. I ordered the plug and the bracket. Do I need anything else? I have attached the parts I purchased. I see the plug under the car that looks like it’s just waiting for it. Hoping I don’t need anything else :/

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is a little to do under the hood too. Should be listed in a thread or on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just added some components for improving towing on my 2014 Pilot EX-L 2WD. The wiring harness I found on Amazon: Honda Genuine 08L91-SZA-100A Trailer Hitch Harness. It came with everything that I needed including the 30a fuse. It took about 30 minutes to get it all installed. You don't need to follow Honda's instructions and take out the seats and such.

I also installed a Dorman 918-244 ATF cooler. It worked with the Genuine Honda 60440-SZA-A00 Cooler (ATF) Bracket that I also found on e-bay. It took me a couple of hours to get that installed since we had to take the front bumper cover and everything off.

In theory, my towing capacity is now 3500 lbs with a 350 lbs tongue weight. I am looking to rent a trailer in the next couple of months, so we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just added some components for improving towing on my 2014 Pilot EX-L 2WD. The wiring harness I found on Amazon: Honda Genuine 08L91-SZA-100A Trailer Hitch Harness. It came with everything that I needed including the 30a fuse. It took about 30 minutes to get it all installed. You don't need to follow Honda's instructions and take out the seats and such.

I also installed a Dorman 918-244 ATF cooler. It worked with the Genuine Honda 60440-SZA-A00 Cooler (ATF) Bracket that I also found on e-bay. It took me a couple of hours to get that installed since we had to take the front bumper cover and everything off.

In theory, my towing capacity is now 3500 lbs with a 350 lbs tongue weight. I am looking to rent a trailer in the next couple of months, so we'll see how it goes.
Did you do a video?

·
Registered
4 Posts
No. I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing when I started, so I didn't make one. I can easily get some photos for the harness install, but I'm not sure what I have for the ATF cooler install. Which one were you looking for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you do a video?
As it turns out, the Dorman 918-244 that I installed is leaking. I had to undo everything, so I'll be putting together a video based off of that. I need to return the part and get a replacement. Hopefully the replacement is good. If not, then I'll be switching to another vendor or waiting for Honda's factory part to come off of backorder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I finally put a video together for my Dorman 918-244 ATF Cooler install. Here is a link to the video:

Let me know if it helps!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Thanks for sharing! The bit of guidance on bumper removal and belly guard is great, and that covers probably 80% of the whole job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts