Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I bought the Curt 56170 custom wiring connector to wire my 2015 Honda Pilot. Watched the video and it seemed easy enough install. The problem is that for some reason my Honda Pilot doesn’t appear to have the pre wiring. It had the connector for the Aux fuse but the gray square connector that is suppose to be behind the tailpipe isn’t there. Any suggestions as to what I’m missing or why it wouldn’t be there?
Thanks

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,931 Posts
Have you tried to look at the wiring behind the tail lights? Perhaps that harness is buried back there.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Hi. I bought the Curt 56170 custom wiring connector to wire my 2015 Honda Pilot. Watched the video and it seemed easy enough install. The problem is that for some reason my Honda Pilot doesn’t appear to have the pre wiring. It had the connector for the Aux fuse but the gray square connector that is suppose to be behind the tailpipe isn’t there. Any suggestions as to what I’m missing or why it wouldn’t be there?
Thanks
The harness is tucked way up in the frame it took me a good while to find it . it's just a wire plug not much of a harness..you actually have to get underneath the pilot to pull it out ..it's tucked up in the frame area also take the bumper cover off for the trailer hitch to make things easier. the harness you purchased plugs into that connector.

also don't forget to to plug in the fuses that comes with the kit there should be 2 fuse's at the grey box area and a 30 amp or so fuse to be placed in the engine bay area under the cold air intake pipe. You will also have to drill a hole in the bumper to install the trailer hitch interface once the wiring is complete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts