Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually park my vehicle on our driveway overnight, except during late Fall and Winter. There's never been a problem for years. Last night, my guess would be sometime after mid-night, someone or some people threw a few eggs at my Pilot. They landed on the passenger side near the rear, at the side of the vehicle, window and on the roof. I didn't even realize when I drove it in the morning, until I noticed some flies seem to wonder around the Pilot.

At first I was more annoyed than angry, since it was washable and no real harm done. It took more effort than I thought to wash off the dried eggs, especially on the roof and I'm a short guy. You really have to rub hard to get rid of it, so it was a bit of a challenge. The smell of eggs when I did the washing was also a bit too much. Then I really got angry when I found out that the eggs hit the Pilot so hard that the egg shells had caused some "bruises" on the surface. One spot now has the pattern of the "Milky Way" impression ... :3: I tried touch up paint but it seems to make it worst for this type of paint job. I decided to leave it as it is. If you don't look closely, it's like normal dirt on a vehicle.

I suppose there're people who like to have fun at the expense of others. I can't help but wonder why, and of course, why me? I'm not aware of any enemy I have, and I've never given any of the kids around the neighbourhood a hard time. Always waiting patiently for them to clear the way when they play on the streets. I can't imagine it's the kids on our street because they seem like really nice and normal kids.

My son suggests we wait in the Pilot at night for the culprits to return for a second attack and catch them in the act. I'd rather just park the Pilot in the garage, beginning tonight, much sooner than I normally do each year. I guess it could've been much worst. Good to be able to share my bad experience here. Hope it doesn't happen to you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is precisely one of the reasons we want to wait until we get into a house (we are renting an apt right now) before we buy one. I'd hate to have to get angry at some non-attentive person who had just hit our new pilot with their door (which brings to point, I don't know if I'll ever park in a parking lot again - we've got tens of dings in our accord now).

I know 'things' are more important to the person who owns them, but it's frustrating when others just don't respect property or are just living in their own world void of consequences.

Real sorry about the eggs, bkwon.:eek: - :3: - :( - :)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
bkwon said:
Then I really got angry when I found out that the eggs hit the Pilot so hard that the egg shells had caused some "bruises" on the surface. One spot now has the pattern of the "Milky Way" impression ... :3: I tried touch up paint but it seems to make it worst for this type of paint job. I decided to leave it as it is. If you don't look closely, it's like normal dirt on a vehicle.

I Hope it doesn't happen to you.

This same thing happened to me years ago on a fairly new car. Again, the bad part was the damage the egg shell did to the paint. A circular pattern of chipped paint - no way to touch it up.

:mad:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
bkwon: Definitely sorry to hear about your Pilot being egged... :( Normally, this is the kind of prank that happens during Halloween. Hopefully, it's a one-time thing and those A-holes don't return for a second round...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Terrible

Sorry that happen. Some people are just so inconsiderate :mad:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
bkwon: it takes wisdom to choose to garage the Pilot to prevent further incidents as opposed to trying to catch those little punks who caused damage to your Pilot. Yet I can not blame your son for wanting to catch them & have them dealt with accordingly. But I must say that approach poses risk to you & or your son which in my opinion is not worth taking when weighed against a successful charge/arrest/conviction of the subjects involved.

This is why:
These punks will be charged with Mischief under$5,000.00 which is a summary conviction offence, which means that they will be charged & released on Appearance Notice to appear in court @ a later date. The only time they will be taken into custody is if they have previous criminal charge/convictions, even then they will be out on minimum cash bail in mere hours. That is of course if they are older than 12 yrs because if they're not they cant be charged at all. Another thing that might come into play is that these punks will qualify for Alternative Measures Program which means that as long as they comply to a set of demands such as writing an apology to the victim or completing some kind of community service the punks dont get a criminal record. Even adults are now eligible for Alternative Measure as long as they meet set criterias such as no previous dealings with Police & remorseful just to name a couple.

Then it takes months before the court proceedings begin which you will have to take time off from work in order to testify only to be informed that the case has been adjourned until the next year & the cycle repeats itself a few more times.

So, is it worth it? I have to say no, it's unfortunate that the judicial system has failed to this degree but this is the society we live in where the only protection & respect you get is the one you afford yourself because no one else will.

Edit: Max penalty for this offence is 2 yrs but bad guys only serve 1/3 then they are eligible for release, that is if they get incarcerated. Most likely scenario is that the bad guy gets assessed minimal fine & ordered to pay for the damage.

Off my :soapbox: now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right on ...

Yeah, I'm with you, borg, it's not worth risking anything more. Besides, revenge isn't really on my mind. Sure, I felt some "pain" just like any car owner when something like that happens. But I get over this sort of minor issue very quickly. I always try to put things in perspective, and like I said, it could've been worst.

However, it does help when I can come here and just "talk to my support group" ... so, thanks! :)

Hi, I'm bkwon, my Pilot has just been egged ...

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
bkwon: That's an eggscellent eggsample of turning the other cheek in light of your eggsperience and it's eggsactly what I would've done after the eggscessive eggscitement and a few choice words of eggsclamation wore off... ;)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Well they got me last night. I'm out packing up the Pilot for the soccer game this morning and I find some egg on the ground near the drivers side front tire. I look up a little and see egg shell and egg guts on the drivers door starting at the plastic moulding near the base.

I was a little upset, to say the least. I broke out the bucket and the car wash and took all the egg off, but like bkwon I was left with a little spider web effect where the egg hit. There's not a lot you can do about it because the paint is cut with chips sticking out. It could be worse, I guess.

The jerks got my neighbor's GMC too. Lucky for them it hit the window and just ran down onto the paint. My wife walked over to pass on the bad news.

The other day one of those guys 'raising money for a trip somewhere' came door to door selling candy. I usually buy a $5 bar but this time it was late when he came by (after 8pm) and I didn't appreciate him knocking on the door. I hoped nothing would come of it but as he walked away I got a bad feeling. I have no idea if the two things are related but you never know.

Anyhow, you can hardly notice the chips, you can hardly notice the chips, you can hardly notice the chips, you can hardly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts