Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power tailgate gate on my 2016 Touring works intermittently. Sometimes after I open it by pressing the button it wont close when I press the button again. I then have to push close the hatch. After I close it, it won’t open at all with any buttons no matter how many times I press the buttons. The issue then tends to fix itself after a day or two. I have also noticed that the issue gets worse during winter and wet days.
Not sure what the issue is seems like a lose connection or dirty terminal?
Any thoughts are welcome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Honda dealership tells me that it might be the switch on the hatch getting stuck in the cold weather. Not sure if that’s the case as the switch inside the car does not work either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now the tail hatch opens every time but fails to close when any button is pressed including the remote. Something very funny happening.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My local Honda dealership figured out that the tail gate latch is the problem and recommends replacing it. There technician Carlos is great. He checked all connections, ran through flow chart and test wiring etc with their diagnostic equipment and removed the cover and found a fault in the closer motor / latch tap. Not sure what he did but the tail gate is now opening and closing with any button. The dealership recommended to replace the closer motor / latch. I am going to wait until the problem reoccurs and then replace the latch probably myself or by the dealership. The lock and closer assembly for power tail gate is C$318 part number: 74800-SZN-A01 plus $135 labor for a minimum one hour charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts