Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Pilot.

I have a power steering leak, AGAIN. My first leak was a little over a year ago, coming from the high pressure hose itself (not the o-ring, unfortunately). Replaced that, and I don't know how long after it started, but I have a leak coming from the pump itself.

It looks like the leak is coming from the pulley area, its hard to tell. I plan on cleaning everything off and reinstalling the pump and checking for leaks again, but I thought i'd check and see if this is a common place for the pump to leak. Or maybe another leak near the pulley area. I know, for sure, its not coming from where the high pressure hose is attached to the top of the pump. I wish it was.

The red circles in the attached pictures are pointing out where I think the leaks might be coming from. The pictures are of the underside of the pump. Any ideas what parts are failing, and if they are replaceable? Id rather not buy a whole new pump.

Side question:

If I have to replace the pump, I'm not going OEM. What recommendations do you guys have for aftermarket under $150?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought one from 1A Auto. It's an exact OEM replacement (it even looks like one), so all I had to do was to transfer the pulley onto the new pump. Very happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can also get a PS pump seal kit for about $20. Youtube has several videos showing how to rebuild them and replace all of the seals.

I think my PS pump is leaking, though I'm not sure yet that is the source of the leak. If that turns out to be the case, I think I'm going to give that a try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got this one off Amazon, less than $90, took me a while to get the pulley off with the basic tools I had on hand, but after busting a few knuckles I managed to get everything replaced. No more leaks, no more whine, life is good!

Power Steering Pump Power Assist Pump for 2005-2008 Honda Pilot 2005-2010 Honda Odyssey 2007-2013 Acura MDX Replace # 56110-RGL-A03 56110-PVJ-A01 56110-RYE-A02 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DD6TDB1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_CFWPCbSPE69Q0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts