Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the group here and I’m installing a radar mounted under the rear view mirror in a 2019 pilot touring and I’m trying to find out what color wire I tap into for a power source. I don’t have a multimeter and I don’t really want to run the hard wire kit. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Plenty of ideas here for tapping into a power source with the link I posted below. My reply there #14 explained how easy it was to run a wire from the mirror location down to the fuse box for my dash cam. Some owner's mentioned the power may be interrupted if you tap into the wrong wire instead of the fuse box because of the Stop/Idle feature on the Touring and above models. I have had no problems with the fuse box location and I always allow the Stop/Idle feature to be turned on.

Wire Dash Cam or Radar Detector

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plenty of ideas here for tapping into a power source with the link I posted below. My reply there #14 explained how easy it was to run a wire from the mirror location down to the fuse box for my dash cam. Some owner's mentioned the power may be interrupted if you tap into the wrong wire instead of the fuse box because of the Stop/Idle feature on the Touring and above models. I have had no problems with the fuse box location and I always allow the Stop/Idle feature to be turned on.

Wire Dash Cam or Radar Detector
Thank you for your input. I was looking into getting the hard wire kit to run to the fuse box but I have the 2 prong wire kit that i can tap into the rear view mirror and I wanna try that out first before ordering the other kit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts