Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After turning the head unit on for a while on my Pliot, I noticed that the power outlet inside the console box becomes kind of warm. It is not really hot... but you can feel the heat even outside the box. The other outlet in front does not have this problem. Is this normal? Did anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
152 Posts
You're right...it does become warm...no big deal though...

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Is there an indicator lamp in or near the socket?
Have to look.
I will check the service manual. Maybe there is something under the box/socket that is generating the heat.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Isn't something like that ... a bad thing?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine is hot too

I have had the Pilot for two days, and I have noticed that the outlet in the console gets quite hot. I have nothing plugged in there.

N_Jay, did you find anything in the manual? I'll check this evening.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Isn't the second row air conditioning also in that unit?

I'd check to see if the A/C is on. It's also possible that the outlet is wired in parallel to an accesory that is being used. Juice running through the parallel connection could cause the plug to heat.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts

Wires should not gbet warm under normal conditions.
My guess is the heat is from something else under there.
Wonder if there are water lines for the rear heat?

Have to look at the manual. (When I get a few minuets)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well we do know that there is a fan and a/c compressor under the center console. Perhaps that is it? I will check mine today. Does the heat change when the a/c or heater is on?... or when the fan is on or off?...or when something is plugged in? I will check mine tonight.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have not found this condition in my Pilot

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
May not be that inefficiant

If hot water circulats there the hoses will give off heat.
If the amount is not detrimental then why insulate or ad a valve that cost $$ and could fail?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Is it getting any of this heat from the exhaust(not fumes, just heat) or other parts of the vehicle? I know the console in our Accord as well as my recently departed Tacoma would also get warm in the same area. Feel the floor behind the rear A/C unit that is probably warm as well. (Just not as hot.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts