Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 pilot Ex. Rear view mirror has wires coming out of the back, but I've never noticed it to auto dim. Is this just auto dim, or compass as well?

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Compass only, no auto dim. Traditional tab to flip manually from daytime to nighttime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Compass only, no auto dim. Traditional tab to flip manually from daytime to nighttime.
It doesn't have the traditional tab, which made me suspect that it was auto dim. Regardless, the mirror doesn't light up. Is there a fuse to check?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
It doesn't have the traditional tab, which made me suspect that it was auto dim. Regardless, the mirror doesn't light up. Is there a fuse to check?
it's doesn't "light" up..it auto dims when a bright light source hits it..try it with a bright flash light you should see the bulb from the flash light if it's working properly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's doesn't "light" up..it auto dims when a bright light source hits it..try it with a bright flash light you should see the bulb from the flash light if it's working properly
Apologies, i meant it doesn't light up in regards to the compass. I will try the flashlight.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Yah sorry I only got the redneck version in my 06, compass taped to dashboard with duct tape and it works awesome :)

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Interesting, the auto dim feature existed on the 2003 EX and was phased out by the 2006 EX-L? Hey, Honda! ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
funny considering the gen 2 has the auto dim feature and a compass that NEVER worked .... Hey Honda!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts