Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Evening, all!

Don't want to call this a problem, just more of a question. Are the power locks on the Pilot supposed to automatically lock once the car is in Drive, or goes above 5 mph or anything like that? They did in my wife's Expedition which we got rid of when we got the Pilot. Also, my daughter has an '03 Civic LX with locks/alarm installed at the dealer and HER doors lock automatically. We kinda liked that feature on the Exped.

Just curious.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Nope, they don't. It is a much missed feature for those who've had it and like it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
tim.s said:
It is a much missed feature for those who've had it and like it.
Or...a blessing to those who had it and hated it. :D

--Bret

P.S. I have never owned a car with it, just hated to rent ones that did.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I really miss the auto-lock feature. My wife's old car (read my new car) had/has them. Also had an auto unlock feature which unlocked the doors once the ignition was turned off. I think without the auto unlock part, I would have not liked the auto-lock.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I miss that feature, which I had on my 95 T-Bird. It was programed on an aftermarket alarm that way. It would lock after 5 seconds, unlock if you opened the door from the inside or when you shut the car off.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Power Locks

My pilot goes into auto-lock as soon as I turn the ignition and unlocks when engine is turned off.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Power Locks

Cali_Pilot said:
My pilot goes into auto-lock as soon as I turn the ignition and unlocks when engine is turned off.
Aftermarket I assume?

·
Registered
305 Posts
there seem to be conflicting stories with the locking features of the Pilot.

For instance, our Pilot did not automatically lock the doors when you got out before. However, it started this behavior after we got the moonroof installed. No idea why. But now when you remove the key and get out, the car will lock itself after about 30 seconds. Won't do it if the key is in the ignition (thankfully).

Someone else on a website I won't mention said theirs locks when they get in and put the key in the ignition (like someone above stated).

so I'm inclined to think all of our Pilots can do these things, but its something that needs to be activated somehow.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
bret11 said:
Or...a blessing to those who had it and hated it. :D

--Bret

P.S. I have never owned a car with it, just hated to rent ones that did.
Yeah, I kinda implied that in my earlier post. I remember the last debate on this issue. ;)

It would have been nice if it was a user selectable feature, but then those who didn't want it would be paying for it anyway. Oh well.

smurray said:
...I think without the auto unlock part, I would have not liked the auto-lock.
Very true, that is the key to this convenience...auto-unlock.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Qbrozen said:
there seem to be conflicting stories with the locking features of the Pilot.

For instance, our Pilot did not automatically lock the doors when you got out before. However, it started this behavior after we got the moonroof installed. No idea why. But now when you remove the key and get out, the car will lock itself after about 30 seconds. Won't do it if the key is in the ignition (thankfully).

Someone else on a website I won't mention said theirs locks when they get in and put the key in the ignition (like someone above stated).

so I'm inclined to think all of our Pilots can do these things, but its something that needs to be activated somehow.
This is not normal, nor I think a hidden feature.
I would specifically ask the sunroof installer what he did and how it could have affectted the locks.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
N_Jay said:

This is not normal, nor I think a hidden feature.
I would specifically ask the sunroof installer what he did and how it could have affectted the locks.
The only thing that I can recall from the owner's manual that discusses the doors locking automatically after 30 seconds is on page 84: Click here to read about it...

·
Registered
373 Posts
I miss the autolock as well.

Chrysler had it set to lock when you went above 12 mph.
Ford had it set for when you release the brakes while in gear.
GM I never figured out (really annoying, rentals).

I can't help but think there are hidden programmable features in the Pilot (not that autolock is one of them). Our Highlander has a list of dealer programmable features like, relock delay (30 or 60 sec), beep on remote lock/ unlock, etc. Autolock is not on the list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why can't I lock the doors with a door open?

Does anyone know if there is a way to program the locks so I can lock the car if one door is open? I have 2 kids and pulling them both out then hitting the lock button is well-nigh impossible. One's running for the street/cat/random gum on the ground and the other is wiggling around like a worm.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Don't miss the autolock feature especially the hidden cost is added to the Pilot.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sorry, posted in error, and cannot delete it.

Larry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts