Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2012 pilot has the check power tailgate light comes on and off randomly. I have changed the motor and it does the same thing the old one did. I have owned the vehicle about 2 years. What i have noticed it doesn't happen in the winter months but when the temperature gets up above 80 degrees that is when it start to give me problems. Any ideas??

·
Registered
585 Posts
Does it stick / get stuck while going up / down? Does it make a creaking sound? If so consider taking a little silicone spray and putting on the rubber part on the top left where the strut / arm motor deal comes through and attaches to the hatch. Ours used to sometimes make a racket in the summer as well as OCCASIONALLY fail to open / close. A little silicone spray a few years back and it's been perfect since.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I stared having issues with the lift gate when the door locks started going. They are all on the same line, at least on the drivers side. Eventually the door locks started failing. Once I replaced the drivers door lock, the lift gate worked. Then the drivers side passenger door failed, and again, once replaced the lift gate worked again.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Make sure the rear glass is securely closed. Power gate is disabled when the glass isn't detected closed. Rear wiper is also disabled.

There's a program setting that allows/inhibits remote gate operation while doors are locked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts