Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Power Indicator for Auto-Dim Rearview Mirror?

14K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Sleepwalker65 
#1 ·
My 2018 Canadian Touring model has the auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, but I can’t tell if it’s actually working. My last car, an Acura TL had a similar mirror and there was a green power light on it, as well as a button on the bottom to switch it on or off. The Pilot’s mirror has two small circular/ oval objects on the bottom of the frame, but neither lights up. I expect that one of them is a light sensor, and the other should be an LED. What does your Pilot’s mirror look like and behave like?

#2 ·
My 19 Canadian Touring has 4 buttons on the bottom of the rear view mirror. First 3 from left to right are for the Homelink (garage door controllers), 4th one is to turn on and off the auto dimming for the mirror. Small LED on bottom of switch lights green when it's on.

You can see the switches in this photo, its the one near the middle of the mirror:

#5 ·
Pic isn't actually my Pilot... personally I can't stand tan/beige. Reminds me of stuff my grandpa used to wear all the time... but to each their own.

I got the Modern Steel with Black interior that has a medium grey headliner. Love the look of this car. It was literally the last new 2019 that was available across all dealers in my Province, so I just lucked out. If they had one but with the beige interior, seriously I was either going to buy the Toyota Highlander, or wait a couple of months for the 2020's and pay the price premium, that would have been a deal breaker for me.

#6 ·
Have to agree with you on that, grey with a beige interior would look all wrong. The blue would work with beige though, and it’s two-tone, so it looks a lot more up-scale than our all-black interiors. My wife’s Accord is burgundy metallic and has a two-tone beige interior which looks great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.