Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~~~ ScanGauge II group buy NOW IN EFFECT ~~~

I'm currently working on a group buy for the ScanGauge II for $130USD shipped to your door. Cali residents are subject to state sales tax of 7.75% (CA residents total: $139.30 shipped). If interested, please reply to this thread. Currently my email won't accept emails from HP.org for some reason and I won't get your PM unless I login to this site which is only once or twice a day typically. for more info on the ScanGauge please click on the link below.

www.scangauge.com/features/

The site is currently down, but that is where you can get more info.

If you need more info on group buy, please respond to this thread or email me at "triple dot a at sbcglobal dot net", thanks.

GROUP BY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 1/12/07

~~~~~~NEW GROUP BUY INFO~~~~~~
My vendor has provided me with new purchasing information and is as follows:

I again want to thank you all for choosing SoCal Motorsports. I am writing this message to simplify things for everyone. The SoCal Motorsports’ family just experienced some family health issues today, which will keep us out of the office until at least Thurs. Since I am the one overseeing this GB I want to make sure that everything runs w/o a hitch.

We have hit the 50 mark, which puts pricing at $130 shipped (No extra shipping to HI or AK required). California residents will be $139.30 (State Sales Tax). If I have already spoken with you on the telephone and gotten all of the necessary info. you do not need to do anything else. If we have not spoken on the telephone please follow the instructions below.

To purchase please follow the instructions below. This will make everything run much smoother.

1. Click on the following link: http://www.socalmotorsports.com/products/productID/2025

2. Proceed through the checkout process.

3. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** - Type the following COUPON CODE and FORUM INFO. into the “CUSTOMERS COMMENTS” section of the checkout process.
o COUPON CODE: GB130-SG2
o THE FORUM YOU BELONG TO: (i.e. ClubTitan.org, etc.)
o YOUR SCREEN NAME
o REFERRAL: ALLEN FROM HONDAPILOT.ORG

4. Your CC will only be charged the GB price, NOT THE CHECKOUT PRICE. Disregard the automated email you receive right after your purchase. You will receive an accurate invoice once your CC is charged (On or after 1/12/07). CC’s will not be charged before 1/12/07.

Those wishing to pay via Paypal, please email me at [email protected] and I will send you a Paypal invoice. PAYING BY PAYPAL? I NEED THE FOLLOWING INFO:
o eMail address connected to your Paypal Account
o Your Shipping State and Zip Code
o Contact Phone Number
o FORUM YOU BELONG TO
o YOUR SCREEN NAME
o REFERRAL: ALLEN FROM HONDAPILOT.ORG
o CONFIRMED PAYPAL ADDRESSES ONLY

International orders must PM or email me for a S/H quote. Please include a complete address. Once the quote is received I will give you an individual coupon code.

If your concerns or questions have not been answered through this post please email or PM me and I will respond as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for all of the kinds words those have shared already.
714-724-7978

Please add your name to the list if you are participating in the group buy so that I may take a tally of those purchasing.

1. humanoid

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Count me in.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I like the functionality, but the product looks like it was designed by kindergartners. The plastic look and buttons really turn me off.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mmmmark said:
I like the functionality, but the product looks like it was designed by kindergartners. The plastic look and buttons really turn me off.:rolleyes:
Dude, I guess you've never seen the first model they put out!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
humanoid said:

Dude, I guess you've never seen the first model they put out!

True, true, but it still looks like early 80's technology. In fact, my Football II game from the early Eighties even had soft touch keys, where this one has hard keys. ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Reading error codes may be useful, but would you really want to clear a check engine light? I'm sure it would "avoid those costly trips to the mechanic" but having that light on should mean there is something wrong that needs immediate attention by a certified mechanic (which most of us are not). :confused: Seems like the making of a car-tastrophe.

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NEW GROUP BUY INFO - PLEASE READ FIRST POST!!!

NEW GROUP BUY INFO - PLEASE READ FIRST POST!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just so I'm clear.... is the group buy price only possible after a certain amount of people have placed an order? Or do we definitely get the group buy price now?

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TR4Runner said:
Just so I'm clear.... is the group buy price only possible after a certain amount of people have placed an order? Or do we definitely get the group buy price now?
Group buy price is VALID now, no minimum buyers needed. Get yours today! Don't wait! :D

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rocky said:
There are so many of these OBD2 readers out there. This is a rain on the parade

I've had the Equus for a time. It it was very useful in providing real time fault management.

http://www.levineautoparts.com/eqobdiicodre.html
The SGII is more than just a code reader:

SCAN TOOL
The ScanGaugeII allows you to troubleshoot your own car, read error codes, and the conditions present when the error occurred. You can also turn off the “Check Engine” light and avoid those costly trips to the mechanic.

* Reads Trouble Codes
* Reads conditions that set the Trouble Code
* Clears Trouble Codes
* Turns off the "Check Engine" light
* Tells you when vehicle is "Ready" to pass OBDII testing
* Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes
to send to the vehicle computer

DIGITAL GAUGES
Display 4 gauges at a time from the 12 built-in digital gauges. the information is presented in Real-time!

* Fuel Economy
* Fuel Rate
* Battery Voltage
* Coolant Temperature
* Intake Air Temperature
* Engine Speed (RPM)
* Vehicle speed (MPH)
* Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles)
* Engine Load
* Throttle Position
* Ignition Timing
* Open/Closed Loop

TRIP COMPUTER
Automatically tracks four sets of trip data - Each with 11 individually stored parameters.

* Maximum Speed
* Average Speed
* Maximum Coolant Temperature
* Maximum RPM
* Driving Time
* Driving Distance
* Fuel Used
* Trip Fuel Economy
* Distance to Empty
* Time to Empty
* Fuel to Empty

MORE!
In additional the features listed above, the ScanGaugeII also includes these features:

Easy to Operate

* Simple on-screen operation
* 4 menu driven soft keys
* User settable update rate (Slow, Normal and Fast)
* A HOME key to quickly return to the start screen

User Settable Backlight Display Color

* 7 Standard screen colors and a custom setting with 63 possible colors.
* Backlight for night use
* Both display and keys backlit
* User settable Off, Low and High
* Big display - 50% larger than the original ScanGauge

Automatic Power Control

* Automatic delayed power-down after engine shutoff
* Automatic power-up when engine is started
* Manual power-up with delayed power-down via HOME key

Non-Volatile memory
(stored information is not lost when disconnected)

* User settings automatically saved
* Up to 10 user commands can be stored and recalled
* Today, Yesterday and Tank Trip data automatically saved
* Vehicle settings automatically saved

Easy Installation - no Tools Required!

* Cable detachable at the ScanGauge II. Can be connected on the back or side.
* Easily move from vehicle to vehicle
* Big display - 50% larger than the original ScanGauge
* Compact Size - just 4.8"W x 1.5"H x 1"D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts