Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I press the gas or even start the car, it seems like there’s a lack of power. Like it’s missing an “umph” (Dont know if I spelled that correct😬). And it (the engine) sounds like .......like It’s deprived or something. Almost like a void roar....make any sense👀👀?

NOTE:
Haven’t really done any maintenance work to it
• Tune Up
•Transmission fluid change
•VTM-4 FlUID

Another thing. When I hit bumps on the road or pass over bumpy patches while driving my brake dash light flickers on and off. Is my brakes loose? Are they going out? Because I wasn’t pressing them when they flickered on/off. I was driving with foot on gas. Also happens sometimes when driving straight. Like last night on the Highway around 55mph. Almost randomly

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Do you DIY?
The need for an air filter replacement might be one reason for no umph.
But my greatest concern would be the timing belt. When was it done? During that time lots of other maintainace items fall into place.
Yes, you need find out the cause of the brake light coming on.

Reactions: WannaLearn

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you DIY?
The need for an air filter replacement might be one reason for no umph.
But my greatest concern would be the timing belt. When was it done? During that time lots of other maintainace items fall into place.
Yes, you need find out the cause of the brake light coming on.
Don’t know but I haven’t done it (timing belt). Is that a DIY Job? Air filter, isn’t there 2 (One under the hood, one in the glove) ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
The brake light coming on could just be the sensor in the brake fluid reservoir. Check to make sure that there is enough fluid in the master cylinder and remove and reinstall the cap. There is a connector on the wire close to the cap, make sure it is connected tight. If the brakes are working fine it is probably something to do with this. I would start here first.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Don’t know but I haven’t done it (timing belt). Is that a DIY Job? Air filter, isn’t there 2 (One under the hood, one in the glove) ?
Many people DIY their timing belt. It just depends on how comfortable you are taking on such a large, critical task. Some special tools are required. There are numerous videos on the subject. It should be done every 100k miles.
Timing Belt Water Pump job should not be swept under the rug while doing other maintainace on your vehicle, with the good intentions of getting more miles from your vehicle. You can have new spark plugs, clean engine oil and ATF in a dead Pilot rendered useless if the timing belt were to fail.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
When I press the gas or even start the car, it seems like there’s a lack of power. Like it’s missing an “umph” (Dont know if I spelled that correct😬). And it (the engine) sounds like .......like It’s deprived or something. Almost like a void roar....make any sense👀👀?
Above-mentioned maintenance, then Seafoam for the win. Of course someone will come along and pooh-pooh it, and I usually don't go for additives or treatments, but that and AT-205 for small leaks work.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Above-mentioned maintenance, then Seafoam for the win. Of course someone will come along and pooh-pooh it, and I usually don't go for additives or treatments, but that and AT-205 for small leaks work.
I just hate being sold snake oil, lol.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I just hate being sold snake oil, lol.
Everything else is snake oil, but not those. For what they're intended, they work if used as directed.

You should also try Life cereal.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Everything else is snake oil, but not those. For what they're intended, they work if used as directed.

You should also try Life cereal.

I just worry about what else it will plug up, lol.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,667 Posts
How many miles on the spark plugs? If OEM plugs were used they are good for 105k miles.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I just worry about what else it will plug up, lol.
If that's what you're worried about and your OEM Oat Bran cereal just doesn't do it for you anymore, try this. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts