Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was not able to purchase a Pilot during this year-end selling spree, it would be great if Piloteers that bought their Pilots during this time post their deals here.

How much did you purchase the Pilot for?
Where did you purchase?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Crikey,

Bought ours Dec 21st from Courtesy Honda in Sanford. Dealer didn't wanna buckle to much on the price. Ended up paying $29260 for a Sagebrush EX-L. Add Tax, Title, Dealer fees (I know, I know :( ) and it was still a good chunk out of my wallet...
Luckely I lived in Orange County (6%) and not in Seminole (7%).

·
Registered
991 Posts
Try living in Canada, GST 7% Provincial Tax 7.5% total of 14.5%!

Not sure how your tax system works in the states, but do you have just the one tax, or is there a state tax also?

rob

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ADutchPilot said:
Hi Crikey,

Bought ours Dec 21st from Courtesy Honda in Sanford. Dealer didn't wanna buckle to much on the price. Ended up paying $29260 for a Sagebrush EX-L. Add Tax, Title, Dealer fees (I know, I know :( ) and it was still a good chunk out of my wallet...
Luckely I lived in Orange County (6%) and not in Seminole (7%).
How much was it out the door?
How much did they charge for dealer fees?

Their Internet Manager quoted me $32,518.63 out the door for an EX-L. I think that was a bit high. Ron Norris in Titusville quoted me $30,500 out the door but did not have the vehicle. They were going to do a dealer trade but later on, they said that they misquoted the price but will honor the deal on an order only (which will take 4 weeks) and will require a NON-refundable $1000 deposit. I'm still thinking about it 'coz if I order a vehicle, I don;t know how that would affect my trade-in.

2 other dealers are giving me $1500 off MSRP but their dealer fees are $400 to $500. I think you got a decent deal considering. I live in Orange County too but I will not be able to dodge the half penny sales tax increase effective today :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gopilot said:
Try living in Canada, GST 7% Provincial Tax 7.5% total of 14.5%!

Not sure how your tax system works in the states, but do you have just the one tax, or is there a state tax also?

rob
I used to live in Toronto and boy, I don't miss those taxes one bit. Same goes for the winters (I'm wearing shorts today as the temps are in the upper 70s today -- around 22C).

There is one sales tax per county (i.e. counties are like regions in Toronto). For income taxes though, it depends per state. FL has no state tax (yippee!), only federal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bought my Silver Pilot EX-L with auto day/night mirror, mudguards, and cargo cover in the Washington, D.C. area on 12/27/02. I paid $31500 on the road. I used to think it was a great price until I saw some others posted here but now I think it's just an ok to good deal. Maybe it's just the DC area prices..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Crikey,

First let me say to be very wary of the so called "deals" out there. Especially if they don't have the car on the lot. We (my wife and I) did a lot of weeling and dealing with 3 different dealers and when push came to shove they all came up with some crap why the price was not what they quoted.

We actually ended up with courtesy (even though it's a "long" drive) because they were upfront with us regarding the cost and fees. Here's the break down. It actually a little different then what I initially said but that's because we added the mud flaps in the back and the cargo tray.

Vehicle price EX-L (incl. Flaps and Tray) $29700
Dealer fee $499 (didn't wanna come down on this one)
Tax (6%) $1812.33
Waste Tires $4.00
Tag, Title $369.90 (will probably get a $150 refund since I have already a tag)

Final (out the door) $32385.23

Maybe not the best deal in the state, but I liked their no pressure, honesty and proffesionalism.

Talk to Julia Strzelecki, she is the Internet Sales Director (Email: [email protected] Phone: 407-268-3867 Cell: 321-689-3051) and mention this sale. Maybe we can even split the referral fee ;)

Let me know what you get. Love to see some more Pilot's in O-town...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Whats up with the EX-L on Ebay??? The asking price was $25100.00 U.S dollars, but it is a Canadian model (heated seats and mirrors) there is only 23miles on it! The pictures show it still wrapped in plastic.. How could this be, if it is used what is this dealer trying to proof by making it look bran new? But if it is new? thats a heck of a price!

rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
End of Year "Deal"

We paid MSRP for an EX-L with RES on 12/18/02 at Criswell Honda in Germantown, Maryland. I have to give them credit for sticking to their price through the entire process, which started in early October. It was MSRP all the way, and they were happy to have me go elsewhere if I thought I could get a better deal.

Dealers in No. VA are adding 1,000 to 2,500 above MSRP and you negotiate from there. The "deal" at College Park Honda (1,000 below MSRP) turned out to be a lure.

By the way, try taking your trade to CarMax. I got 2,000 more from CarMax than Criswell was offering on a trade. It was a very painless process to drive in with an old car and walk out with a check less than an hour later.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Every Honda dealer I called this week in No. VA quoted me MSRP for Pilots over the phone. One dealer in MD had a year end internet special on their website for $500 under MSRP.

If everyone quotes MSRP then you know there's room to bargain.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by ADutchPilot
[Talk to Julia Strzelecki, she is the Internet Sales Director (Email: [email protected] Phone: 407-268-3867 Cell: 321-689-3051) and mention this sale. Maybe we can even split the referral fee ;)
She's the one who sent me that email. I'll try the 2 other dealers first before I come back to her. But if I cannot get 3.49% anymore, I'll have to wait until it is offered again or the price goes lower. I think prices will go lower since the months of October and November were dismal for car sales. December might be a bit different due to year-end deals but sales are normally slow after Christmas since people have already 'shopped till they drop' during the Christmas season. And to add to that, my wife prefers the MDX. I'm the practical one who wants the Pilot.

We'll wait and see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess alot can change in 6 or 8 weeks. Didn't mean to lump all of No. VA together in a negative way. It got interesting once they went to put a quote on paper..."My manager says I have to add this on..."

Good luck with your purchase. I think that even MSRP is a good deal, and then most appeared willing to discount the accessories, though the internet pricing is still better.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Canadian EX-L ON E-BAY

Gopilot - Did you notice the VIN of 2314. It must have been lost for the past 6 or more months and then found on this side of the border!

·
Registered
465 Posts
new cars...

OK, this is a little bit of thread drift but this seems like the best thread to put this in.

Most everyone is back at work today after vacations, and you wouldn't believe the number of new vehicles. I work in an office with about 50 people in it. Here's what is new in the parking lot:

One 2003 Escalade (btw, the RES in my Pilot is easier to use than the one in this vehicle)
Two Lexus SUVs
One 2003 Yukon
One NBP Pilot :7:

That doesn't include new cars bought in the past 3-4 months which would add another half dozen. Geez! Santa sure was good this year!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. Four of my office mates are sporting brand new vehicles (in addition to my new Pilot). Seems like new car sales must be booming, but the dealers are still whining. Not sure what's up with that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
rwrooks said:
I've noticed the same thing. Four of my office mates are sporting brand new vehicles (in addition to my new Pilot). Seems like new car sales must be booming, but the dealers are still whining. Not sure what's up with that.
Year-end sales are typically the best time for people to buy. Taking advantage of anything the manufacturer can do to boost their yearly numbers and the buying spirit of the holidays make for a perfect mix.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yeah! The person who got the Pilot said the dealer only had a Pilot with NAV on the lot. The guy said he didn't want the NAV, and so to make the deal in 2002, the dealer knocked the NAV off the price and threw in a RES aftermarket which is what the guy was going to wait for. So he ended up with an awesome deal!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Re: Canadian EX-L ON E-BAY

seadog said:
Gopilot - Did you notice the VIN of 2314. It must have been lost for the past 6 or more months and then found on this side of the border!
I did notice the VIN#, either way, the price is very good.. kind of surprised me...

rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: End of Year "Deal"

rwrooks said:
We paid MSRP for an EX-L with RES on 12/18/02 at Criswell Honda in Germantown, Maryland. I have to give them credit for sticking to their price through the entire process, which started in early October. It was MSRP all the way, and they were happy to have me go elsewhere if I thought I could get a better deal.

Dealers in No. VA are adding 1,000 to 2,500 above MSRP and you negotiate from there. The "deal" at College Park Honda (1,000 below MSRP) turned out to be a lure.
That's an interesting experience that you had. We bought our EX from College Park in the beginning of December. We got quoted $1,000 off of MSRP from their internet manager, and that's exactly what we paid. No pressure at all from the F&I office either. They had the best deal going in the DC metro region. Did they switch the price on you once you agreed to buy from them?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not a bad deal....

Sage EXL-Nav - $32980
Lower Trim
Fog Light
Cross Bar
Backup Cam
Wheel Lock
Splash Guard - $1250
DMV Fee / Insecption - $123