Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts

(I'm talking to your Pilot.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife loves her 2008 Pilot, has 330,411 & counting. Bought w/22,000 miles on it. Have done all work myself...we’ve been lucky.
-3rd battery & alternator
-Ball joints, tie rods, rear shocks
-Countless brake pads, original rotors.
-pcv valve, 3rd set of plugs
-original tranny; drain & refill every 40,000.
  • New EGR valve, had to clean 3 times.
  • 2 timing belt services
  • New radiator
  • Valve adjustment, new gaskets
  • VCM oil change
  • Transfer case oil change
  • probably more...
Thats crazy, im running about 320 with literally doing nothing execpt oil changes and basic maintenance

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,834 Posts
You 300k people are my inspiration!😁👍👍. Got 75k before I can join the Club 🙏🤞
Right behind you. Only 174k miles to reach that point.😁

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
I'm at 255,000 kilometers, 🤪

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thats crazy, im running about 320 with literally doing nothing execpt oil changes and basic maintenance
I don't see anything on the list that's not considered basic maintenance for a car older than 10 years, especially if it's driven in an area that uses salt in the winter. Rust is a vicious cancer. Just curious - what's so 'crazy' about that list?

My 2003 just flipped 330,000 last month. Knock on wood, but the engine feels like it could easily go to 500k. The body will most definitely deteriorate before the heart dies...

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
417 Posts
I don't see anything on the list that's not considered basic maintenance for a car older than 10 years, especially if it's driven in an area that uses salt in the winter. Rust is a vicious cancer. Just curious - what's so 'crazy' about that list?

My 2003 just flipped 330,000 last month. Knock on wood, but the engine feels like it could easily go to 500k. The body will most definitely deteriorate before the heart dies...
Congratulations!!! 😁👍👍

21 - 32 of 32 Posts