Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

POST if you have Over 300,000 miles on your 2003-2008 Pilot

6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ConrodM 
#1 ·
I have over 321,000 miles on my 2006 Pilot. Still running good with the original motor and original transmission. I do oil changes (actually my automotive shop does) every 7000 miles and a transmission flush every 60,000. Brakes, spark plugs and timing belt kit every 100,000. Valve adjustment at 200,000. I use a quart of oil about every 4000 miles. Gas mileage has decreased somewhat over time and mileage. I still get 19-20 mpg. I used to get 23-24 when I had less than 100,000 miles on it.

#3 ·
Fantastic. An inspiration, really. (y)

However, because of the thread already started by someone else on the same achievement, I'm afraid to break it to you that you should come back and start this kind of thread when you hit 400.000 miles. Something to shoot for. :)

Post if your Pilot has 300,000 miles

#4 ·
My 08, last of the Gen 1's, is at 185K.
NOW, I'm dong better maintenance like tranny flushes!
I did the first d&f at 184K miles!! I've done 3 d&f's now though.
I have always changed my own oil, religiously, and well before 7K miles.
Usually 4-5K. Synthetic good stuff only.

If you're able, doing your own DIY oil/tranny changes is pretty easy actually.
I feel then I know exactly what went in my motor.

And Congrats on such high mileage!

Reactions: plplplpl
#9 ·
I’m planning to do that on my wife’s 2005 at its next drain and fill at the 120k mile mark. Currently it has ~119k miles on it so it probably won’t happen until late winter. It will be the first time the filter gets changed. The filter is not listed/shown in the transmission section of the FSM so I guess Honda expects it to be a lifetime unit (which I don’t agree with).

#7 · (Edited)
Average Honda Pilot life.
Ready?
120,000 miles

Are you serious?

That's got to include ones that got creamed in an accident and those that got tossed out because a little rust was starting to show up on the rear fenders. Some people can be so fickle. SMH

Or those who never changed their DW-1 ATF or their first gen rad as cheap insurance. Or didn't get a VCMuzzler for a 2008 FWD or a second gen. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.