Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

661 - 680 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Haven't Posted here in a while since I work 7 days a week. But I have a 2005 Honda Pilot EXL. I Have 620K on my SUV. Original Tranny. Replaced with used motor of which has about 400K on it. Timing belt took out my original motor.
And I think we have a winner!🥇

·
Registered
4 Posts
Post if you have 200k miles on you pilot and no issues, original engine and tranny!
2005 Honda Pilot EXL
205,000 miles
Solid rock, still going with no issue except occasional engine light with misfires codes, VTM and TPMS.
Only regular maintenance.
Hope to run another 100k. 😀

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you are getting misfire codes with VTM4 light as well, check the EGR passages in the intake manifold. Soot will choke the airflow and cause these problems.

·
Registered
128 Posts
260.5K on my 2003 Pilot LX that I bought new 12/31/2002. Hit 260K on way to Tahoe from Bay Area last week. It was Pilot's 200th trip to (not counting foothill trips) or over Sierra. I also drove it to Canada every winter from 2015-2019.

Transmission was rebuilt at 180K after the 3/4/5th gear lockup clutch no longer released. Right front ABS sensor replaced before last Tahoe trip. Still on original alternator, radiator and starter. Some front-end parts replaced. New tires recently installed which are probably the last set.

Clearcoat starting to fail on front of roof. Not usually garaged and only gone through carwash once or twice. Cloth seats in excellent condition, unlike the leather seats in my wife's usually garaged same-year Accord V6 that we recently sold as her son sold us his 2014 Accord V6 with 36K mile.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Post if you have 200k miles on you pilot and no issues, original engine and tranny!
2003 Pilot 94000 miles, 2004 300000 miles, 2012 15000 miles. All original and if you close your eyes and start them you would not be able to tell they are used vehicles since the engines all purr. I bought them all used, did extensive back ground checks. I use Mobile one synthetic oil and KN filers and oil change at yes, 10000miles. I have never had the valves adjusted but that damned timing belt is a money maker for Honda since I also have a toyota 6 cylinder and it has a chain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine have 225K. No issues. Normal Maintenance. Oil (synthetic), trans, brakes, timing belt and spark plugs twice, light bulbs. The upholstery of roof came off a little, a tiny small ripping on driver's seat. Radio still sounds great, with original speakers. Everything is original, no inventions. Never smelled 90 mph. same suspension, exhaust, catalytics, oxygen sensor. We have some snow here in north of New Jersey. Gas from brands that claim to have detergents. Can't complaint.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
2004 pilot original engine and transmission. AWD doesn’t work.
What circumstances lead you to conclude AWD doesn't work?

Have you changed your rear differential VTM-4 fluid regularly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just retired my 2005 Pilot I purchased new , 245,000 miles. The big ticket repair on that one was Catalytic converter / O2 sensor replacement $1,200. I recently "upgraded" to a 2007 Pilot which has 122,000 miles on it. I put an Alpine stereo with CarPlay in it b/c I'll keep this for a while. At least I know it will reach 200,000 miles :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
04 Pilot EX-L, bought it in 2012 with about 110k on it. Has 240k now. Only thing I've had to do is regular maintenance. I replaced the spark plugs and coils at 210k, just put in a timing belt, water pump, new fluids, etc. Probably the best Honda I've ever owned next to my 94 Accord that gave me well over 400k before finally dying 2 years ago. Been my daily driver ever since.

She's a dark color so she is suffering from the Honda clear coat curse despite my years of washing and waxing, but that's ok. Runs like a dream, doesn't use any oil. Can't ask for more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
04 Pilot EX-L, bought it in 2012 with about 110k on it. Has 240k now. Only thing I've had to do is regular maintenance. I replaced the spark plugs and coils at 210k, just put in a timing belt, water pump, new fluids, etc. Probably the best Honda I've ever owned next to my 94 Accord that gave me well over 400k before finally dying 2 years ago. Been my daily driver ever since.

She's a dark color so she is suffering from the Honda clear coat curse despite my years of washing and waxing, but that's ok. Runs like a dream, doesn't use any oil. Can't ask for more.

Has anyone had any issues with engine revving rpms past redline while in gear and cant control your speed?

·
Registered
30 Posts
New Pilot owner here. 2005 just rolled 229k. Purrs like a kitten. I only put 500 miles on it so far and love it. Did get a 1 time ~35mph vibration the other day. Found out that is a common issue. Slightly worried to flush the trans since it shifts sooo goood and has so many miles, but can't hurt I'm sure. Bought it from the 2nd owner. The girl claimed her stepdad bought new and worked for a Honda dealer most of its life. Unfortunately no service records, she said he had the book of records. I would bet its the OG engine/trans.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
The girl claimed her stepdad bought new and worked for a Honda dealer most of its life. Unfortunately no service records, she said he had the book of records. I would bet its the OG engine/trans.
Welcome to the forum. :)

You might have some luck getting the service records from the dealer the girl's stepdad worked at, if you can get that dealer's name from her.

661 - 680 of 698 Posts