Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

641 - 660 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
05 with 213000 miles (343000 km). Still runs great. Did front motor mounts and timing belt last year. Regular fluid changes and routine maintenance and thats it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 06 EX with 328,392 as of his morning. Still my daily driver (75 miles/day) with original engine and tranny. No major issues at all. I bought it used in 07 when it had about 16,000 miles on it so my wife and I have done the rest. It was her daily driver up until April of 17 when I took it over when she got a new CRV. I do all my own maintenance and just replace the oil and filter when the maintenance minder tells me to (using whatever is on sale) and I replace all the fluids (oil, tranny, brake, coolant) when I do the timing belt every 100k. I changed the original starter in October of 2019. I'd say that 13 years on a starter that is used at least twice a day is very respectable. I did the axle shafts on both sides at the end of 2016 (257k). Other than that its been belts and brakes as needed.

I've been toying with the idea of buying another car but I'd really like to see how long this one will last. I've owned Honda's most of my life and love them. When I bought the CRV in 17 I traded a 1999 Accord that 308k that was starting to have issues. Based on how this one is performing I don't see any reason it won't go to 400k.

Anyone out there passed 400K on a pilot yet?

image0.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
2004 Honda Pilot, purchased new, original engine and transmission, now at 230,000. Lots of routine maintenance including two timing belts (100k and 200k). time for new struts in front again, but going strong.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My 2004 Honda Pilot EXL-Nav has 211,000 miles. Original owner still on original engine and tranny. Performed my own maintenance except for timing belt change. Will keep running it till it dies but expect to cross 300K miles before looking to upgrade to another current model Pilot.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
coming up to 250 k After seeing the 300k + posting That's freaking awesome!

Reactions: aggrex and plplplpl

·
Registered
4 Posts
2004 Pilot EX • 🚙 280,000 😁
Hardy survivor in Minnesota! Currently at 279,xxx almost at 280,000!
(sorry, too lazy to go outside to get EXACT mileage reading!)
Everything original. Have had new power steering pump, oil sensor, a/c compressor, shocks/struts, in the last 5 years. Otherwise just normal stuff like tires, brakes, regular oil changes (I use Valvoline Maxlife semi-synthetic).
I currently need new mud flaps and am overdue for a new timing belt (which I also currently can not afford 😖)
I have some rust spots starting on edges of wheel wells, some bonks in the hood from a big hail storm and an annoying check engine light that has been on and off for about 5 years (that apparently no one can agree on why it is on) But, my car just shrugs it off and carries on! I hope she runs forever!

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
(I use Valvoline Maxlife semi-synthetic).
See, doubting Thomases? The key to as close as we'll get in this earthly realm to eternal life. :)

an annoying check engine light that has been on and off for about 5 years (that apparently no one can agree on why it is on) But, my car just shrugs it off and carries on! I hope she runs forever!
Maybe start by getting one of those super cheap Bluetooth OBD2 scanners that connect to your cellphone and see what codes you may have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 06 EX with 328,392 as of his morning. Still my daily driver (75 miles/day) with original engine and tranny. No major issues at all. I bought it used in 07 when it had about 16,000 miles on it so my wife and I have done the rest. It was her daily driver up until April of 17 when I took it over when she got a new CRV. I do all my own maintenance and just replace the oil and filter when the maintenance minder tells me to (using whatever is on sale) and I replace all the fluids (oil, tranny, brake, coolant) when I do the timing belt every 100k. I changed the original starter in October of 2019. I'd say that 13 years on a starter that is used at least twice a day is very respectable. I did the axle shafts on both sides at the end of 2016 (257k). Other than that its been belts and brakes as needed.

I've been toying with the idea of buying another car but I'd really like to see how long this one will last. I've owned Honda's most of my life and love them. When I bought the CRV in 17 I traded a 1999 Accord that 308k that was starting to have issues. Based on how this one is performing I don't see any reason it won't go to 400k.

Anyone out there passed 400K on a pilot yet?

View attachment 136513
Holy Hannah! I have an 04 with 280,000 on it but you knock it out of the park with 328,000! Good for you! I too have owned Honda’s most of my life. I can’t imagine ever owning anything else.
but tell me...”you did the axel shafts at 257,000 miles”...? Tell me why and what in the heck are axel shafts? 🥴

·
Registered
1 Posts
2004 EX-L with Navi, over 232,000 miles. We bought it at 86,000 miles back in 2009 and it’s given us very few issues. Some sort of a flashing VTM4 light several years back but after a $300 repair it was fine and we haven’t had any issues since. We did some sort of oil pump seal repair last year too. I do my own oil changes with Mobil 1 full synthetic and the best non-Fram filter that I can get my hands on . Outside of the regular fluid changes and the 115 thousand mile timing belt/water pump/plugs service ( we’ve done two of them) that’s all we’ve done to the car. Doing a round of maintenance to it right now that includes new front struts (it was still on the factories!), New headlight lenses, and I’m going to have the dealer look at compliance bushings next week as they are starting to crack. In the process of installing A firestone coil-rite kit I ruined one of the lower control arm bushings. The bolt was frozen in the sleeve and I didn’t realize how bad it was until I saw rubber starting to crumble. After three days of work I had to cut the bolt out of the knuckle with a Dremel. I will never mess with bushings again. 😂

I used to own a Nissan that I had hoped would get to 300,000 miles and it didn’t happen - But I am hoping that my pilot will finally be my 300,000 car. 👍

·
Registered
5,112 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Holy Hannah! I have an 04 with 280,000 on it but you knock it out of the park with 328,000! Good for you! I too have owned Honda’s most of my life. I can’t imagine ever owning anything else.
but tell me...”you did the axel shafts at 257,000 miles”...? Tell me why and what in the heck are axel shafts? 🥴
Axle shafts go from the transmission to the front wheels and are what drives the vehicle. I changed them because the rubber boots around the CV (constant velocity) joints were cracking and would eventually lead to failure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Axle shafts go from the transmission to the front wheels and are what drives the vehicle. I changed them because the rubber boots around the CV (constant velocity) joints were cracking and would eventually lead to failure.
Thank you for that information! Sounds like something that I should have my car guy check on mine! No wonder you are at 328,000! You have knowledge on your side too! Thanks for sharing with me! 🚙

·
Registered
19 Posts
2006 Honda Pilot: 240k miles. Thinking about replacing my fuel injectors soon as I don't know what else to do. I get horrible gas mileage (11-14 mpg) no city driving. 55-65mph.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2006 Honda Pilot: 240k miles. Thinking about replacing my fuel injectors soon as I don't know what else to do. I get horrible gas mileage (11-14 mpg) no city driving. 55-65mph.
Do you have any codes? I’d check the O2 sensor before doing anything else as it can have a big impact on fuel economy if it isn’t working properly

·
Registered
29 Posts
Haven't Posted here in a while since I work 7 days a week. But I have a 2005 Honda Pilot EXL. I Have 620K on my SUV. Original Tranny. Replaced with used motor of which has about 400K on it. Timing belt took out my original motor.

641 - 660 of 698 Posts