Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

601 - 618 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Gave my son the 2004 EXL with around 197K miles last September when he moved out after finished college. He just told me that it just went past 200K miles. Hope it will last him a couple years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 Honda 1st gen Pilot EXL with 228k miles and still going here on her original tranny and J35 series 3.5 L vtech engine! I owned a civic that went to 380k until someone turned in front of me so not my fault. I've just started learning how to do the maintenance items myself instead of taking it somewhere and these forums are a huge help! Glad you're here :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
275k on '96 T-100 Toyota truck
220K on '99 Toyota Sienna van

I have had issues with normal wear and tear items - like radiators on each and just did ball joints on truck. No items that I would condider premature failures - like a transmission in a Dodge van at 90,000.....
Post if you have 200k miles on you pilot and no issues, original engine and tranny!

·
Registered
2 Posts
06 EX L has 215k miles. Runs great, 2nd owner. Recently replaced alternator and window motor. I have now replaced 3 out of 4 window motors. Paint fading and peeling. All else original as far as I know. Regular oil changes at 5k, tires replaced as needed. Recalls addressed as occurred. Considering CPO 3rd gen/2017,

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
06 EX L has 215k miles. Runs great, 2nd owner. Recently replaced alternator and window motor. I have now replaced 3 out of 4 window motors. Paint fading and peeling. All else original as far as I know. Regular oil changes at 5k, tires replaced as needed. Recalls addressed as occurred. Considering CPO 3rd gen/2017,
Hope that includes regular ATF drain and fills and other fluids.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot EX, 255k miles
25 Posts
254k on my '04 Pilot, 3rd owner and finally catching up on some much needed maintenance now that I'm not scared to do things to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Post if you have 200k miles on you pilot and no issues, original engine and tranny!
Hello,
have 202,000+ … original engine which had light work done on it, transmission rebuilt by local rebuilder but still original, engine... Love it... did brakes, suspension upgrades, LOVE this car (and yes, drove Austin Healeys before).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have 244k on a 04 Honda Pilot EX - original owner, regular maintenance done, original engine and transmission...just replaced the timing belt second time a year ago... I also spent some $$ for some cosmetics and new tires. Now, check engine light is on, P0730 code. I would appreciate any advice on how should I fix the transmission issue.Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
When was the last time the ATF was changed and how did it look?

If ATF good, you might want to replace (with OEM) 3rd and 4th gear shift solenoids (AKA pressure switches).

·
Registered
2 Posts

If ATF good, you might want to replace (with OEM) 3rd and 4th gear shift solenoids (AKA pressure switches).

Had it changed by a local mechanic, less than 3 months ago...not driving it too much...don't know how it looked...I was thinking to have the transmission rebuilt, since I've already put some good money in. but, at the same time, trying to figure out if there is something else I could try before that. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2005 EX-L has 206,000 miles on it. Original engine and no major work that I can recall. We are the original owner. I'm trying to decide if I should get timing belt #2 installed. I have some suspension sounds from the rear that are worrying me now. We just got new tires on it. What a great car this has been and it still drives great. All of my HVAC control lights are out, so I need to tackle that. Also my TPMS light is on all of the time. I need to spend some quality time with this car and take care of some of these things.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
For your climate control lights, this should help:
Climate control button lights

For your TPMS light, time to get new sensors. Usually a good idea to get those when you get new tires, or change them for the season, as the little batteries in them typically last 7-10 years, more if you're lucky.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L 4WD
3 Posts
Just turned 200K. I'm the second owner but the friend I bought it from didn't have any major issues (replaced the alternator once). I had the timing belt, water pump, and VTM changed last week at a local garage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO JUST GOT MY 3RD PILOT PAST 200K MILES!!! First was an '04 I inherited from my parents that busted a camshaft at 230k. Second is an '05 I sold to my brother that's now at 235k and still going strong. Third one is my current '05 at 200k!!

Happy Piloting!!

--Chris N.

601 - 618 of 618 Posts