Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

481 - 500 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
2004 pilot LX with 214978 miles and the reason I am posting is I ran into a snow storm last year in the middle of Montana and the only ones on the road were me and and guy in a Ford F-250. I stayed with him through snow past the bottom of my doors and when we stopped he said he could not believe I could get through that with a "little" suv. I also have a 2003 and a 2012 pilot and here they have been life savers as my wife avoided a moose a few years back on icy roads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2005 Pilot with 218,000 miles. Second owner, at 160,0000. Only replaced tires and brakes, and regularly have synthetic oil changes every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Recently lost power assisted steering Power steering fluid leaked out of the pump. Inspection good for two years in NJ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 EXL Pilot. Original engine and trans.
The engine died on me last night while going down a hill on a backroad in rural country.
So far, I did my own repairs. I checked it out tonight and discovered that the timing belt broke.🤔
I bought it at 127,000 and it said the timing belt was replaced at 100,000. It broke now at 186,000.
So, will find out if the engine is ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 Honda Pilot ..... Just broke 200,000 and runs fine . The A/C just went ...No other problems ! I need to remove the Center Console but can't seem to find any instructions . I would appreciate any help .. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Still driving my 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L. Original engine, new transmission at 227800- I just looked up my post from 10/18/16. It now has 248,605 miles, still going strong and is the sibling of a 2018 Honda Pilot EX-L that I bought new in October 2018. I use ol' Bessie for around the town trips generally-still quiet engine, drives well with a few rattles in winter. It's nice for the kids to have a car to drive when they come home to visit!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 2007 Honda Pilot ..... Just broke 200,000 and runs fine . The A/C just went ...No other problems ! I need to remove the Center Console but can't seem to find any instructions . I would appreciate any help .. Thanks
Did you mean the rear ac? Is this why you want to remove the center console? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
246K on my 04. New plugs, water pump and fluids at 100 and 200K. Front suspension rebuild and rear struts and shocks at 225, new motor mounts and a rear evap for the AC. All synthetic oil changes every 5K. Runs great, I'll start the 300K thread in 5 years

·
Registered
38 Posts
214014 miles on our 2005 Pilot EX . Added refrigerant (20$ advance auto) for first time a month ago. Easy DIY. Not bad for Florida usage. Original engine and transmission .

·
Registered
2 Posts
220,000 Miles 2006 Pilot LX AWD - Usual maintenance - added Tranny cooler at 99,000 Miles just after Purchase - AC High Pressure hose at 157,000 - replaced the shift solenoids and flushed tranny during Tranny cooler install as preventative. No problems except headliner is sagging and low speed clunk in front end.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just loss all transmission fluid (oil change at quick lube yesterday-coincidence? Probably) starting new thread on transmission fail safe after searching forums. Need CV boot replacement anyway- no noise indicated may just get all new both sides

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
low speed clunk in front end.
Think sway bar bushings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
311,359 miles & counting on 2008 pilot. Still runs good and has been good car
-on 3rd battery, alternator & spark plug change.
-2 timing belt services and 1 valve adjustment.
- have replaced the rear shocks, radiator, pcv & erg valve, front control arms, tie-rods & ball joints...normal brake & oil changes.
-drained & refilled transmission oil 3 times, vtm fluid changed.
- gonna attempt to replace valve seals soon...have done all work myself:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
311,359 miles & counting on 2008 pilot. Still runs good and has been good car
-on 3rd battery, alternator & spark plug change.
-2 timing belt services and 1 valve adjustment.
- have replaced the rear shocks, radiator, pcv & erg valve, front control arms, tie-rods & ball joints...normal brake & oil changes.
-drained & refilled transmission oil 3 times, vtm fluid changed.
- gonna attempt to replace valve seals soon...have done all work myself:)
Maaannnnn....YOU have saved a TON of money and probably got ALOT of Satisfaction!! Way to go!!! (y) Very Impressive!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Up to 227,000 mi on my EX-L RES. 24 states, 2 Canadian Provinces, several F1 races, countless life milestones and still running on the original engine and trans!

Things replaced so far (mostly wear and tear)-
-Shocks
-Brakes
-Radiator
-Power Steering pump and hoses.
-Timing Belt/Water Pump
-Tires/Normal wear and tear items after 13 years.

Otherwise just kept to the Honda maintenance schedule and have had no problems! The Midwestern winters have taken their toll on the muffler/exhaust pipe so that is the next major thing on the horizon.

481 - 500 of 529 Posts