Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

461 - 480 of 539 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hello there! Congrats on your trusty '04 Pilot! Just want to know if you replaced rear a/c evaporator (I didn't know there is a separate rear ac component) and how? Also how many times have you replaced the timing belt? Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
How about 225,000! No major work other than regular scheduled maintenance.. Full synthetic changes every4-5 K miles. No heat but it's 97 degrees right now. 2005 Ex awd

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
2004 Pilot 205,00 miles. Lower control arms, front wheel bearings, inner-outer tie rod ends, 1 fuel injector. Timing belt at 100,000, ready to do again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2005 EXL just broke 200,000. Most of these miles are city miles too. The ole family truckster still has plenty more life in her. Recently did timing belt and suspension replacements. Also some clear coat touch ups. Other than that well just continue with routine maintenance and keep driving it till the wheels fall off. :-D

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Still looking very nice.

Still wondering about those fender flares. :)
I heard the Tardis from Dr.Who is available on Ebay to be used to go back and get those flares :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
New here but have '06 Pilot Ex 208K miles and changed out the timing belt kit at 190K miles. Bought all suspension parts (upper & lower control arms, tie rods, front & rear struts, etc.) and plan to do valve adjustment as well. we've had this car since '08

·
Registered
213 Posts
"seemingly has lost some power"--please explain further (acceleration, pulling/hauling, gas mileage, transmission, etc?). Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2007 Honda Pilot... Currently at 209k miles, I've owned it since 160k miles ... runs great other than a random alarm problem I am having. Honestly has ran like a dream until this recent issue which has brought me to the forum.

·
Registered
213 Posts
2007 Honda Pilot... Currently at 209k miles, I've owned it since 160k miles ... runs great other than a random alarm problem I am having. Honestly has ran like a dream until this recent issue which has brought me to the forum.
You mean check engine lights?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Basic tuning on 2008 Pilot EXL 209,200 miles. Managed to change the spark plugs. I had to impale myself on the hood latch in order to reach the back 3 plugs. Oil/Filter: Despite covering the ground under the oil receptacle/tub, the old oil spurted way beyond the tub and all over me. Removing the filter was also a mess. I have never had a car where the oil filter hung straight down. The last item before I turn the car over to a mechanic is to again try to install a used Tow Bar, removed from another 2008 Pilot. Really hard to do as a single person! I leave the fluid draining to the pros!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Basic tuning on 2008 Pilot EXL 209,200 miles. Managed to change the spark plugs. I had to impale myself on the hood latch in order to reach the back 3 plugs. Oil/Filter: Despite covering the ground under the oil receptacle/tub, the old oil spurted way beyond the tub and all over me. Removing the filter was also a mess. I have never had a car where the oil filter hung straight down. The last item before I turn the car over to a mechanic is to again try to install a used Tow Bar, removed from another 2008 Pilot. Really hard to do as a single person! I leave the fluid draining to the pros!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well my 05 Pilot Era has come to an end :(

Just shy of 320,000

Recent accident has knocked it down

Trading her in tomorrow

She was great - through a few deep snow storms - 4 yrs and 200k of service

If anyone needs a Bank 1 Cat w/ sensors -

Classified section

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
2004 EX-L with 202,500 and still purrs like she did on day 1 (july 2004). We've kept up on all the manufacturers suggested maintenance and with timing belt recently done, we just got our first check engine light. Dealer told us it is for the Transmission (P0740-torque converter control system failure). No symptoms, but light on means no resale value. $2,500 estimate to replace with warranty sounds fair, but after $1,500 for timing belt last month that puts us at $4,000 this year in maintenance. KBB values the car right around that!

Is it time to walk away?

Is the next $2,000 repair just around the corner?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2004 EX-L with 202,500 and still purrs like she did on day 1 (july 2004). We've kept up on all the manufacturers suggested maintenance and with timing belt recently done, we just got our first check engine light. Dealer told us it is for the Transmission (P0740-torque converter control system failure). No symptoms, but light on means no resale value. $2,500 estimate to replace with warranty sounds fair, but after $1,500 for timing belt last month that puts us at $4,000 this year in maintenance. KBB values the car right around that!

Is it time to walk away?

Is the next $2,000 repair just around the corner?
woops, the dealer actually quoted 4,900 with warranty... YEP, bye bye pilot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
With no symptoms of transmission problems, other than the check engine light, AND a new timing belt in, I think we are going to drive it till it needs to be towed. I read another thread about changing to Redline Synthetic fluid and 1/3 change outs every 15K miles. Seems like a band-aid that could work for a while. Only question now is can the check engine light be cleared or disconnected from the transmission to monitor other functions of the car?

461 - 480 of 539 Posts