Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

441 - 460 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 EX. Only 188,000 miles. Just did Timing belt, water pump, passenger side motor mount, serpentine belt and power steering belt. Everything working - Hurray! Hopefully will be posting at 288,000.

·
Registered
27 Posts
NOPE! 2003 only went 165K and blew a head gasket. Bought as my first Honda (always bought GM in the past) because all I heard was "they run forever" well nothing is forever, but i did expect it to go more than 165K with one previous owner who had taken great care of the vehicle and had all paperwork when i bought it with 122K miles. Bad luck i guess, don't know if I would buy another one, newer one's are over priced for what you get IMHO.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That day comes. Be sad when it dies for us to.
I was wrong. When I went to the dealer recently they said my tranny was slipping but it ain't that it's my Bank 1 cat.

It's clogged and needs to be changed. Plan to order online from Rock Auto, but they don't list it as Bank 1 aka Firewall or rear cylinder bank. They list as Front Left or Front Right.

Not sure how you list a transverse engine that way....

Anyway going to get a new one with new sensors and have my mechanic install it.

Oh my Pilot has 316,145 now

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really like my 2003 Pilot and it has over 202k. I made 2 trips recently total 4600 miles I replaced the routine timing belt, water pump, door actuator, and got the AC fixed. New tires, timely oil, tranny fluid and filter including air filter, and they welded the loose converter heat shield so it wouldn't rattle. A strut I think it was called or similar for the front wobble. Key fob recently doesn't work even though I replaced the battery. I was here trying to figure out how to fix that. Help please!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had a pilot since 2017, it's a 2007 which had 172,000 when I purchased it. I downsized from a Ford Excursion. In October of 2018 @ 209,000 (exactly)the engine died metal shavings in oil , the whole deal. I picked up a used engine which had 210,000 miles on it. Plopped that in, replaced timing belt kit while I was at it.
Last Sunday 06/02/2019 it stopped. Threw a cam sensor code. Had it towed home, stripped the timing stuff off discovered a broken belt caused by a failed tensioner, car had 222,000 mile on it tensioner only had 12,000 mile on it.
So your thinking it was toast, well, I put a new belt and tensioner in and she fired up no codes. Until today, I had a misfire cylinder 4 and 5. No plugs, good to go again. Now you may not believe it but today is also the day the small coolant lines that feed the intake manifold decided to leak. Replaced those too. All good now. Just need to track down the terrible noise that eminates from the serpentine area especially when ac is running.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had a pilot since 2017, it's a 2007 which had 172,000 when I purchased it. I downsized from a Ford Excursion. In October of 2018 @ 209,000 (exactly)the engine died metal shavings in oil , the whole deal. I picked up a used engine which had 210,000 miles on it. Plopped that in, replaced timing belt kit while I was at it.
Last Sunday 06/02/2019 it stopped. Threw a cam sensor code. Had it towed home, stripped the timing stuff off discovered a broken belt caused by a failed tensioner, car had 222,000 mile on it tensioner only had 12,000 mile on it.
So your thinking it was toast, well, I put a new belt and tensioner in and she fired up no codes. Until today, I had a misfire cylinder 4 and 5. No plugs, good to go again. Now you may not believe it but today is also the day the small coolant lines that feed the intake manifold decided to leak. Replaced those too. All good now. Just need to track down the terrible noise that eminates from the serpentine area especially when ac is running.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2006 EX 235k second owner, just did timing belt, water pump and knock sensor. Runs great but does suffer from the P03xx misfire issue. Ain’t got that figured out yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Random misfire code is back....

·
Registered
73 Posts
I only have 160, only 20ish k by me. Radiator did fail and mix trans fluid/coolant many moons ago but still going strong. I tow light to medium loads occasionally. I think I need to clean the screens on the tranny, sometimes has odd shifts.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Just rolled over 200k on her. fresh timing belt and suspension work, aside from that and other maintenance its an original engine trans and rear end
Still looking very nice.

Still wondering about those fender flares. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
2005 Honda Pilot - 356,000 miles on it and still moving along. No major issues. Followed Honda's maintenance schedule albeit no schedule with this many miles. (o: I put on all the miles. I have hit two deer and had a deer run into me (side). Just bodywork to fix those. It is now just starting to rust some around the rear wheel moldings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Reading these posts makes me feel really good about the bones of our 2007 with only 76k miles. Thank you to everyone for the detail in their posts!

·
Registered
88 Posts
319k - I'm 2nd owner (had it 5 yrs & have put on 200k)
Yikes - Just rec'd Bank 1 Cat with both sensors (off Ebay all in $200.) BUT - Friday night had an accident - Pass. Fender is Toast & headlight - heading to junk yard on Wednesday to get new fender & headlight.

I hope I can get it back together - then get it to my mech to install the Cat + sensors

Should be due for timing belt in 10k - if I can rescue my baby ...

Very sad now - I cannot afford another car right

·
Registered
215 Posts
2003 EX. Only 188,000 miles. Just did Timing belt, water pump, passenger side motor mount, serpentine belt and power steering belt. Everything working - Hurray! Hopefully will be posting at 288,000.
Just curious--Is this the first time the timing belt, serpentine belt and power steering belt were changed? Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
2004 with 244K with original engine and transmission. Rebuilt the front and read suspension, replaced engine mounts, and replaced rear A/C evaporator and had driver seat cushion rebuilt. I'm going for 300K. Timing belt, water pump, plugs and all fluids done at 100k and 200k.

441 - 460 of 562 Posts