Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

421 - 440 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have since 2 months a 2006 Honda Pilot with 203.000 kms ... i have some issues but only maintenance themes, i think the previous owner don´t make a good maintenance for this vehicle, I change the Battery, Brakes, and the electric generator (alternator),

Now I have a problem with the accelerator pedal, some member could help me with some opinion or advice about how can I solve that??? when I push the pedal, sometimes doesnt work and don´t accelerate and take some seconds (sometimes too much) in function. some advices or possible solution???

I would like to put a Lift kit for suspension, some ideas??? size or parts???

·
Super Moderator
15,215 Posts
I actually got to drive mine this week. Put 160 miles on it picking up some new chairs. Engine's great, transmission might be a little slow to change up at first in the sub freezing weather we had. Still lots to like about it. A couple of faults intermittently trigger lights.just shy 245k

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
still purring. now 230,000+ miles!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Boom, right here. 2005 Pilot w/ 227,000 miles.
2nd owner of 11 years. Bought it with around 75,000 miles on the clock.

Original engine and tranny. Replaced radiator around 10,000 miles ago.
Regular maintenance only.

This damn thing will not die. In fact, I made an account here to talk to people about a decision i need to
make for my november inspection. The cat and AC system will not pass PA inspection.
So I either drop around $1,700 into this thing, or move on... but its SO reliable.

Looks like hell though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Boom, right here. 2005 Pilot w/ 227,000 miles.
2nd owner of 11 years. Bought it with around 75,000 miles on the clock.

Original engine and tranny. Replaced radiator around 10,000 miles ago.
Regular maintenance only.

This damn thing will not die. In fact, I made an account here to talk to people about a decision i need to
make for my november inspection. The cat and AC system will not pass PA inspection.
So I either drop around $1,700 into this thing, or move on... but its SO reliable.

Looks like hell though.
whats a/c system have to do with inspection? you can easily get the cat replaced half ass for 500$

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 Pilot VP with 4WD that has 175,000 miles. It has been very reliable good but the AC has been the culprit. I've had to replace the main AC system components multiple times. (Behind the glove compartment, the evac, has had several leaks in the system, etc) The AC belt that connects to the main drive belt also had a corroson issue in the housing. I did drive it on the beach the first three or four years but always sprayed down the engine and underneath. Then later I never drove it on the beach. AC still failed again.

Honda is very proud of all their AC parts too. The AC system was never listed as a drawback in any of the consumer reports. The metal they use in the car body is very thin and dents too easily. I have had the car for what will be 12 years in October and most of it is highway mileage. (I purchased it in Oct of 2007 from the dealer even though it was a 2008)

The automatic transmission shifter seems to sometimes stick now in between gears now. My driveway does have a bit of a slope but not much. At times can feel like the transmission is slipping a bit but never goes out. The stearing wheel also makes a slight noise when turning. I had the cable replaced by Honda when they did the driver airbag but they never wanted to deal with it again after that. I will not be buying another Honda because their service departments aren't what they used to be. I can get in and out of a Tires Plus much faster these days and don't need a stupid shuttle to wait hald the day for an oil change or wheel balance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a 2005 Pilot that had 173K on the odometer. After buying it, I tried to find out about what maintenance had been done. I was mainly worried about the timing belt. After a bit of research, I found that it had 258K on it a year ago when it was sold by a local dealer to the person I bought it from. Somehow she rolled the odometer back ~100K. Still, though, it is going just fine; no issues to speak of. I've changed all the fluids and the timing belt/water pump (120K on the one it had when I got it).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Since my last check-in on this thread a year or so ago, I'm now up to 361,000 miles on my 2005 Pilot (bought new in '05). Still running strong - had her on a 2000 mile trip from Austin, TX > St Louis and back a couple of weeks ago. Just replaced the original alternator.

Chris

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
whats a/c system have to do with inspection? you can easily get the cat replaced half ass for 500$
check engine light may have been on from an AC code ..instant fail ..I agree also not much to get the cat replaced ..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Original owner with 228K on my '05. Pretty much trouble free, one wheel bearing, one trans pressure sensor, one starter motor, one seat frame, and 2 x timing belts of course. TPMS hasn't worked for a while, and I've just run into the apparently unresolvable "CD Changer goes mad after battery change" problem so I need to figure out how to disconnect it :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Original owner, of a '06 LX now with 263k miles. Uhhh, forgot to change the timing belt until 200k miles. :headslap: Running strong!

·
Registered
25 Posts
2008 pilot I’m at 299,890 miles. These are hard miles. I tow a 2320 parker boat from Delaware to Long Island every years. From April to December 15 I’m on the beach surf fishing. All original parts. Just Change all oils - timing belt at 140,000 This Pilot is a beast !!!

421 - 440 of 562 Posts