Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Post if you have 200k miles on your 2003-2008 Pilot

379K views 1K replies 654 participants last post by  jschaefer827 
#1 · (Edited)
Post if you have 200k miles on you pilot and no issues, original engine and tranny!

#603 ·
275k on '96 T-100 Toyota truck
220K on '99 Toyota Sienna van

I have had issues with normal wear and tear items - like radiators on each and just did ball joints on truck. No items that I would condider premature failures - like a transmission in a Dodge van at 90,000.....
Post if you have 200k miles on you pilot and no issues, original engine and tranny!

#4 ·
Whats the secret sblvro ?

#6 ·
regular maintenance. both engine as well as tranny fluid. the addition of the oem transmission cooler probably helped as well even if I'm not towing and it was an easy install together with the PS cooler.

using synthetic was just icing on the cake.

#5 ·
btw, pilot only!

#7 ·
Really hope to get there. Just bought an '07 EX-L with 99k and part of the reason I chose it was an active forum like this. This is the Missus' car, and my daily driver Suzuki GS850 and I owe a ton to tlthe GS Resources. Would love to take on a vehicle that responds to TLC as well as my GS. :)

I don't suppose the computer will tell me if the transmission fluid's been changed and when?

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#24 ·
Change in plans.

The slight trans shudder is getting worse, so decided to sell before it was too bad to sell.

Went to a dealer on Wednesday.

186,000 miles, Probably 5K to 10K of those mile towing.

#502 ·
I have just purchased an o3 with 235,000.unfortunately less than a week later had to put a new tranny in it and today,after it was in shop for 2 weeks,it is once again dead with an electrical problem of some kind.I know,buyer beware.I did research,Carfax and the test drive was perfect. Really like the beast otherwise,but apparently I'm going to be doing "nursing home "duty! Trying to be positive lol.

#12 · (Edited)
The Pilot came out in 2002 (2003 model). 2012-2002 =10 years. To get to 200K, you'd have to average 20,000 miles per year if you bought in 2002 (more miles per year if you bought later). That's higher than most people drive per year so I don't think everybody will be chiming in. It will get ineresting though asking the same question in a few more years though when most of the first generations are pushing over 150K.

#14 ·
I have a 2005 Pilot with 286,000 miles and all original except for timing belt etc.. Only thing changed besides maint. items is the battery. I just started to pick up a drivetrain rumble at around 2000 rpms and 65 mph. Also started having what sounds like a miss at idle and stalling untill warm, but no miss through acceleration.

#16 ·
Like I said, have a 2003 as well with 200k plus miles with original engine and tranny. No problems at all.

Reactions: Pilot200k&counting
#17 ·
im gettin close.....194.7K miles....my main issues lonng term have been the effing blower and hard starting . somebody here posted info about hard starting being the fuel pressure regulator . since I did eveerything else, the fpr is actually the cheapest thing ive had done and for cryin out loud i thnk it actually is working!

transmission seems ok....engine is great....getting 21-22 mpg no matter how I use it....just had the tranny serviced and it does seem to be shifting more smoothly and at natural points.

gonna run this puppy into the ground ...

Reactions: WannaLearn
#20 ·
nice to hear all these high mileage pilots running around:)

#26 ·
2006 Pilot, original owner, pushing 180K. Yep, I drive way too much.

Same Tranny, but did have to replace the engine at 120K with a 2009 with 90K.

My heater does not and has never worked, luckily I live in TX and don't need it often.
Didn't find out for a few years.

Keep up with original maintenance and only 1 shop touches my car. They only do Honda, Acura, and now Toyota.

#28 ·
224000 miles

I am the original owner of a Red 03 Pilot EX. I bought it June4th of 2002. This is one of the first ones on the road and she still runs great. I had an air conditioner leak when I first got it but it was fixed and is still running. I've got the original Tranny & Engine. Only option I added by the dealer when I bought it was trailer package which added tranny cooler and something else (don't remember). I have had all the recalls as they come up. At about 150000 tranny started to stumble between 45-50miles per hour. They replaced the 3rd gear oil pressure switch in the tranny and all is good so far. Other than that just normal Maintainance as called for in the manual. Started as severe and then changed to normal given that I was putting miles on quickly. Thinking of looking again but she runs and handles so well I hate giving it up. Also I periodically will put in Duralube during an oil change, 30-50k miles

#1,082 ·
224000 miles

I am the original owner of a Red 03 Pilot EX. I bought it June4th of 2002. This is one of the first ones on the road and she still runs great. I had an air conditioner leak when I first got it but it was fixed and is still running. I've got the original Tranny & Engine. Only option I added by the dealer when I bought it was trailer package which added tranny cooler and something else (don't remember). I have had all the recalls as they come up. At about 150000 tranny started to stumble between 45-50miles per hour. They replaced the 3rd gear oil pressure switch in the tranny and all is good so far. Other than that just normal Maintainance as called for in the manual. Started as severe and then changed to normal given that I was putting miles on quickly. Thinking of looking again but she runs and handles so well I hate giving it up. Also I periodically will put in Duralube during an oil change, 30-50k miles
I would be greedy and get another car, but don't give up the PIlot.

#31 ·

I have an 06 EX AWD pilot with 226,000 miles on it, 80% of those are highway miles original motor and transmission, nothing major done yet, all recomended and required maintance were done by the Honda dealer, I bought it really cheap 5 months ago from my boss who used to be in the real state business and used to drive 4-5 hours a day on the highway, I bought it with a check engine light ON with a P0420 code, sounds and drives as smooth as the first day he let me drove it for a test drive Lol.