Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

301 - 320 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is 98.000 close enough? It'll be at 100,000 very soon. The thing is, I just bought my Pilot (a 2010) two days ago! I remember when few cars lasted to 100,000 miles, and you would be crazy to buy one approaching that mark. People tell me I should easily get another 100,000 and possibly another 200,000 miles out of it. I hope they're right!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
They're right!

·
Registered
228 Posts
2005 at 189k with many quirks and rattles but overall in pretty decent shape mechanically. thanks to this place i have saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars in labor charges since i got it at 130k from the first owner who took it to the dealer for service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 Touring... I'll flip over 100,000 miles on the way home from work today. 75% highway miles and a jack-of-all trades on the weekend...
Beginning to experience a few quirks and rattles that have all been very well documented here on the forum. Can't wait to putting the next 100,000 miles on my Pilot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 EX-L, about 162k miles, looks great, runs strong. Knock on wood, only non-routine repair was a $300 transmission sensor about 5k miles ago. Hondas run a long time. Have a 2006 Civic with 270k miles. Had a 2003 Odyssey with 245k miles, was running strong, but needed about $1,500 worth of tires and shocks. Was going to do it, but my wife was driving it in areas with very spotty cell service so go the 2011 Pilot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
2012 EXL 4WD 125k, got it new of the showroom floor. Regular maintenance, Oil, transfer case fluid, Transmission, as per MM.
replaced Alternator, timing belt service, water pump and all. Did the engine light recall.

Still a good car, not great, good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
112 Posts
1998 Honda Passport traded in 06 for our first pilot. She had 125,xxx miles. No issues at the time of trade.

2006 Steel Blue EXL AWD.....purchased new and traded on our 2012 in April of 2012. She had 252,xxx miles on her. Had seen two timing belt services, brake rotors and pads, plugs, and a valve adjustment. The valve adjustment does make a big performance difference around the 150-175k mark. We replaced a radiator along the way as it started leaking. She was starting to show a little brass in the oil, while still running perfectly.

2012 Dark Cherry Pearl Touring AWD purchased new and traded on our 2017 Elite in Sept. She had 167,xxx miles on her. 1 timing belt service completed. Only items outside of maintenance minder were a couple of rear shocks, and brake pads and rotors all the way around. No issues showing at the time of trade.

We tow toys and drive a lot of highway miles. All have been rock solid considering the amount of service they provided.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 2005 Pilot has 160K on it. Last year I replaced the transmission and radiator. For whatever reason, I wasn't in a position to get the new vehicle yet, so that was several thousand in... well... kind of waste really, but didn't have a choice.

Tomorrow, I pick up my brand new 2017 EX-L. : )

And then I have to figure out how to sell my 2005. As a trade in, it was pretty much worthless. I'm hoping to get something more for it on my own. We'll see. I'll probably sell it and it'll run great for years now! It's been a great vehicle. A few quirks here or there at this point of course. But I enjoyed it enough to buy another. And I guess after all the repairs I just decided it made sense to go new at this point.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Now 157,000 on my '10 -- continues to run great...except for an occasional (and, elusive to "cure") pinging at part throttle from time to time -- otherwise drives/runs great, uses no oil and get's excellent mileage, even with the VCMuzzlerII installed. Mc

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just under 140,000 miles on my 2010 Touring and doing great. I installed the VCMuzzlerII some time ago and keep it maintained, so feel pretty good about the engine lasting a long time!!

301 - 320 of 325 Posts