Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

281 - 300 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
2005 Pilot EX-L, currently at 189,350 miles.
Have replaced shocks, front struts, tires, AC compressor, Radiator, Engine mounts, Catalytic's, Belts, etc. It has been a workhorse and survived 2 years in the Sonoran Desert hauling/towing all kinds of stuff for an Orphanage. Currently my daily driver here in DC

Semper Fi

·
Registered
873 Posts
136K on my 2011 EXL. Running great

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have 104,500 on my 2005 EX-L Pilot (bought 12/2004). Just changed Timing belt and Water Pump at the warning of my mechanic. Now can wait without worrying for the 2017 EX-L AWD with Honda Sensing and (hopefully Navi)..

·
Registered
3 Posts
2004 Honda Pilot EXL. Sold it last month with 265,095 miles on it. Changed water pump and timing chain at 100k and 200k miles. Purchased a 2015 Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
873 Posts
2011 EXL purchased new in November 2010. (Happy 7th Birthday!!) 138,000. To this point the only mechanical failure that left me stranded was an oil pressure sensor around 106K. Other than that just normal maintenance and wear item replacement. Last tank city / highway combined was 21.9.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2011 pilot with 153k miles on it, just did front lower control arms aka the bushings and front rotors/pads

purchased in 2014 with 115k miles

pilot runs great and we put a lot of highway miles on it but I do my own maintenance
and it has never let us down

the next parts I would like to change out are the front struts and rear shocks but they are still good so I'm waiting for now

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm a new Piloteer. I just purchased an 2006 Pilot EX-L with 150K miles.

I'd normally shy away from a 150K mile car but a couple of family members are over 200K on their early Pilots and still going strong. This car was in good shape for the mileage and the local Honda dealer checked it out and gave it a thumbs up.

Also, I'm in Spokane in the middle of a snowy winter and finding a good used car is hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2011 Touring with 144K miles. Regular maintenance, dealer serviced with no significant issues. We don't think twice before jumping in it for a 6-7 hour trip to the Outer Banks, NC. I'd be curious what these old timers think I should be looking out for. Anything I should do before it breaks? MAF Sensor? Injectors? Clean/Service the Intake? Bushings? I replaced the real shocks and springs but dealer said the from struts look fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I currently have 205K on my 2005 Pilot. I have beat the snot out of it in terms of towing cross country (Maryland to Sonora Mexico), off roading in the Sonoaran Desert and that is in the last few years!! I think I need a new tranny now but the vehicle has been bomb-proof in my humble opinion.

My Wife's 2010 has 115,000 miles and no major issues to report :)

SemperFi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Before my 2012 Pilot's untimely demise, I had 104K on it and was absolutely sure that I was good for another 75-80K before replacement. And even then, I was going to keep it for chores. The truck was amazingly well designed and tremendously agile. I had put brakes on the rear at 90K, had the fluids done at 60K, no mechanical failures, no accessory failures. Best experience I've had with a vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
162435 miles on my 2004

I love my pilot i got it as my first car(given to me by my dad). It was the first new car he had ever bought and it has never given us trouble. I love it and think it is a car that has personality. anyone else out there with gen 1?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I love my pilot i got it as my first car(given to me by my dad). It was the first new car he had ever bought and it has never given us trouble. I love it and think it is a car that has personality. anyone else out there with gen 1?
Fully agree, it has personality. Not pushy, overbearing, in-your-face, but forthright and upstanding with a classy amount of understated yet confident panache.

You're lucky to have such a thoughtful dad. Remember him in his old age and hour of need.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@ 130,000 it still a baby

I am at 130,000. 40miles to work and back every day, since 2011 have done regular oil change and filter and just last week had honda replace main seal, looking to start replacing suspension components since I take it to the trails a lot for fishing and kayaking. Love it will keep this baby for ever, I am installing rear air lift. Check my garage to see all my mods...

Attachments

281 - 300 of 322 Posts
About this Discussion
321 Replies
223 Participants
Tourist2012
Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Piloteers.org forum community offers tech info, troubleshooting, modification DIY’s and discussion for the Honda Pilot SUV.
Full Forum Listing