Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Post if you have 100k+ miles on your Pilot!

123K views 361 replies 251 participants last post by  RobG 
#1 ·
Yup, I'm nearing 100k miles. Probably hit it on my way home from work. The Pilot still runs like a new car. I'm proud to say with 100k miles I've only had one problem requiring a trip to the dealership. At 80k the driver's power window motor went out. Other then that, this things just keeps on going and going and going. I just recently had a new set of tires put on and new brakes.

Now everytime I bring it to the dealer for a regular oil change they keep trying to sell me all other sorts of preventative services. What general preventative maintenance would you reccomend so I can keep this rig running for another 100k? On the flipside what things would you just leave alone and let the thing break down before doing anything?

#2 ·
:D I have 123,000 miles and still running strong. maybe you can change the title of the thread and make it only 100K+ mile pilots allowed to post?:4:

#3 ·
Doesn't look like I change a thread title once it's been created. Only the subject heading inside the thread changes.

Actually sblvro, I'm amazed you have a Mitsu with 203K miles and running!

C'mon... lets hear from the other "old timers". Post if you have 100k+ miles on your Pilot!

#326 ·
120,000+
(Who looks at that thing)
You need to look at the mileage even though the maintenance computer has indicators for just about everything except tire rotation and brake wear. Old car technology used to rely on mileage for oil changes but that was always a poor indicator since it doesn't count oil life when the engine is running but the car or truck is not moving. All that time in traffic, waiting for someone shopping or dropping off and picking up the kids at school was never counted. For the minority of car owners that actually looked at the oil dip stick for oil level and when the oil turned black, they would change the ol in time. Now with synthetic oils that are dark or those with graphite are black when new. The new computer systems are so much better. 2010 Pilot Owner's manual page 455 "oil life is calculated by engine operating conditions and revolutions". It will show you the oil life and give you an accurate percent life and a service wrench symbol if you get down to 5%. Miles is a good thing to pay attention to financially plan for repairs like the timing belt at 080,000 miles or brake pads before they start squeeking from the metal wear bar touching and ruining the disc because you have no pads left. Tire rotation before the front tires edges are shot from turning.

#8 ·
colorider said:

You do - to keep track of when to change the oil and rotate the tires (and other routine maintenance). :)
Yes, but I only compare it to the silly sticker on the windshield, then subtract 2000 (because my dealer still uses a 3000 mile interval), then give it about 2 seconds on thought as to when the next trip is, and tell the wife, "Hey you need to drop this off on your way to work".

Then forget about it for a couple of months.

Only knew it was over 120k, because I was putting gas in about a week or so ago, and it was the first tank where we were over 120k.

#10 ·
RUFIO said:
Doesn't look like I change a thread title once it's been created. Only the subject heading inside the thread changes.

Actually sblvro, I'm amazed you have a Mitsu with 203K miles and running!

C'mon... lets hear from the other "old timers". Post if you have 100k+ miles on your Pilot!
:4: actually it is 210,000 miles already. hardly drive it! but it still works. just installed some rockford fosgate amps, two 10' bass clear box bandpass and all gadgets of this sigma. The pilot is nearing there too.

#11 ·
bought used in Jan2007 with ~97000 miles, we now have almost 115000 miles and still going strong. the only persistent problem has been the second row passenger door sometimes sticking and of course the vibration at ~70mph.

#12 ·
102,000 on my Pilot. Runs great. No problems. Planning on changing the timing belt soon.

#17 ·
I have 101K on my 04 EX-L. Just had the timing belt and water pump changed by the dealer, along with both drive belts and the coolant. Was pleasantly surprised to get out the door for about $675. I was expecting to see a bill for over $1000.

My EX-L runs great ... hope to get another 100K on it before I give it to my son.

#24 ·
gryphon75 said:

Yes she has. On the Highway the Pilot averages about 20 and the Sequoia given others experiences should average 17-19. I'm sorry but I don't get caught up in the Gas price frustration because the realization is that Gas prices have just begun to catch up to the surrounding economy.:rolleyes:
I agree that they are not as significant as most people make them out to be, but they are going to continue to increase.

I would not worry about highway mileage as much as her actual driving.

#25 ·
My daily driving is virtually impossible to compare because of conditions. I've got about 1200' elevation change between the house and town and in actuality the sequoia would theoretically be a little more efficient because of the elevation change and the ability of the engine to pull at a lower rpm. Having said that the real reason for the sequoia is the increase in space with the thoughts of expanding the family by two additional members and grandma along for some road trips. If it uses more fuel then I just view it as my way of contributing to the economy! :D