Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving an HR-V now and considering the Pilot for more cargo space. Can the Pilot transport a full-size bike as shown in this sketch, with the rear wheel up against the backs of the front-seats secured in a bike rack, the front tire removed, and the fork secured in a QR mount? The bikes are about 58" in length measuring from the edge of the rear tire to the tip of the front-fork, and about 27" tall measuring from the floor to the top of the handlebars. The HR-V cargo area is generous but it's not quite long enough.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,185 Posts
I just kind of lay mine in there. But ya, I'm sure that would work too!!

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
574 Posts
For the height you note, it should be fine vertically. You won't need the rack for the rear wheels. QR mounted on a 2x4 is plenty to keep things steady. Check the width, though - the handlebars and pedals might be tight if you want both bikes facing the same direction.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX 2WD
119 Posts
Driving an HR-V now and considering the Pilot for more cargo space. Can the Pilot transport a full-size bike as shown in this sketch, with the rear wheel up against the backs of the front-seats secured in a bike rack, the front tire removed, and the fork secured in a QR mount? The bikes are about 58" in length measuring from the edge of the rear tire to the tip of the front-fork, and about 27" tall measuring from the floor to the top of the handlebars. The HR-V cargo area is generous but it's not quite long enough.

View attachment 148889 View attachment 148890 View attachment 148891
MTB or road bike?

How are thinking of fastening down QR board?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why not get a hitch mount rack? A lot less fuss.
True, but inside the vehicle is a little more secure.

Length wise it should be fine, I didn't fold the second row down. On my 2021 the issue I ran into was the height. To get my my old 18" frame MTB in I would have to drop the seat. Rough height from bottom of tire to top of seat at the angle it would be in is around 38". I didn't even attempt the road bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Remove the wheels would be my plan B. For clarification.... the bike wheels (removing the Pilot's would be a bit of a hassle).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts