Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting frustrated with my wind noise problem with my wind deflector. The dealer from which I purchased my Pilot doesn't seem to know what the problem is but said that they'll try to fix it when I bring it in again. They told me that they've had 4 other

Looking under the hood, I see that they actually drilled 2 extra holes to try for a better fit between the air deflector and the hood to fix the problem. I'm really not too thrilled about it.

So, I was wondering, if Honda allows their new car purchasers to take the car to another dealer to get it serviced for warranty work, such as fixing my wind deflector problem? If they do, I wanna try the dealer very close by my place. I heard good things about their service department.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't think it is a problem. It's just like moving to another state and having to take your honda to a different dealer. Good luck!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Heck yes!

I use two dealers based on who is responsive, who is more convenient, who has a time slot for me, and if I need it, who has the free rental car!

Go for it, it's all you!

·
Registered
592 Posts
absolutely. you can go to any honda dealer in the country. I have 2 here in my area which i regularly use for our accord and plan to continue to do so for the Pilot. Didn't purchase the Pilot at either of dealerships.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for such replies! Gotta love this place.

But just one more question and sorry if I'm beating a dead horse. The warranty service work I require isn't your typical "service" work, meaning it's not the regularly scheduled service or even an oil change, but rather an adjustment on an accessory bought and paid for.

So, if I were to take it to another dealer to have a problem associated with the accessory fixed, the air deflector in this case, would they have any problems at all? TIA.

·
Registered
664 Posts
One dealer worked on it so I would think another should as well. Just throw them a bone and save it until your next oil change. Who knows maybe by then you'll want them to put your new running boards or something else on at that time.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Honda Warrenty

REmember the Warrenty is from Honda, not the dealer.
I would make sure the second dealer knows which dealer installed it the first time.
That way they can bill Honda for the time, and maybe the dealer who screwed up will get dinged for the bad install. (We can always hope).

·
Registered
486 Posts
Also, remember that all work you have done at a Honda dealer is logged into their database using your VIN number. This is where companies like carfax gets their info. So, any Honda dealer can see what's been done to your car to date, and so will prospective buyers. Food for thought.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If You Bought at Time of Vehicle Purchase

I believe that you will find the following to be true:

If you buy a Honda OEM accessory
--and--
You buy it at the time of the new vehicle purchase
--and--
You have the dealer install it

THEN

The accessory is covered under HONDA's NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY for a period of 3yrs/36,000 miles. Since this is Honda's warranty, the work can be performed at ANY HONDA AUTHORIZED WARRANTY REPAIR FACILITY = any Honda New Car Dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts