Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will let my OEM rims turn into winter wheels, and buy a set of new rims to act as summer wheels. But that means I need to invest a lot in new TPMS sensors, which is something I'd rather not. Iv'e been driving cars for 25 years and never missed this system before, so it's nothing I need.
Is there any way to turn off this system so I can use rims without the damn sensors?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I will let my OEM rims turn into winter wheels, and buy a set of new rims to act as summer wheels. But that means I need to invest a lot in new TPMS sensors, which is something I'd rather not. Iv'e been driving cars for 25 years and never missed this system before, so it's nothing I need.
Is there any way to turn off this system so I can use rims without the damn sensors?
To my knowledge, there is no way to disable the system. I have never done this, but wouldn't hesitate if I had the need. Just google "tpms bomb".

·
Administrator
15,513 Posts
In the back of my mind I'm thinking will it shut off your AWD system...

·
Registered
732 Posts
You can find new ones on eBay for about $15.00 each, genuine Honda TPMS sensor. I picked one up with free shipping a month or so ago for my full size spare I installed in my 2019 Pilot. It was 14.59 and works great.

For about $60.00 you can have new sensors in your new wheels and have the added protection the system is designed for. I had the sensor mounted for free when the tire shop mounted the spare tire onto my spare wheel.

Honda Genuine New TPMS

Reactions: EFICTION
1 - 8 of 8 Posts