Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There.

sorry if this has been covered before, but I searched and couldn't find anything. My brother in law just got a 2019 Pilot EX-L. I have the 2018 model. My biggest complaint (or rather I should say my daughter's biggest complaint) is lack of a USB port in the back seat. I see that the 2019 model now has this feature. Is there a way to order the part and retrofit it into the 2018? Has anyone already done this?

thanks for any info you might have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the bottom panel is what I'd like to add to my 2018 model. I don't need it to integrate into the audio or anything, just provide power for charging.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts
T
Honda sees really slow on the uptake adding USB's to its SUVs.
There obviously is enough space there for USB's. Either go with the Honda solution or try with one of the many alternative solutions.

·
Registered
701 Posts
They really suck for omitting it in the first place. Not a single power point behind the front seats in an EIGHT passenger vehicle is pathetic. My new Volvo doesn't have USB in the second row but at least there's a 12v point for a dual USB charger. I just cut a hole in the lower panel on my 16 EX-L and installed a surface mount dual charger wired off the existing circuit in the console.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
There's a lot of info on the following thread, including recommended after-market products, and step-by-step pictorial guides of installing and hiding the wiring etc by a couple of members:

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts