Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the specifications for the MDX stock radio at the moment, maybe somebody can supply a pointer to them. My question is whether the Bose system for the MDX can be installed in the Pilot.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

·
Registered
804 Posts
ell10tt said:
the MDX can be installed in the Pilot.
Almost all the people on the X site hate the Bose system. Besides, they're tuned for the specific interior of the X. Unless you're getting the parts for free, why not spend the money on a real audio upgrade?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
ditto - might as well upgrade to something good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Possible MDX transplant?

Originally posted by Ferdball
> Almost all the people on the X site hate the Bose system.

I see that, now. Until you mentioned it, I didn't realize there was an X site.

Probably the most interesting thing I saw there, on this subject, was the attitude to chuck the subwoofer and simply install four high-quality co-ax speakers.

I guess that means simply disconnecting the tweeters in my Pilot, or do people recommend separate tweets too?

tnx.

Elliott

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess that means simply disconnecting the tweeters in my Pilot, or do people recommend separate tweets too?
My local shop who I have a long standing relationship with and trust implicitly is going to install a set of Boston Z6 components in the front door AND an additional set of tweeters in the dash. This will raise the soundstage up off the floor.

I will evaluate whether to keep or replace the sub after I hear my seperates installed.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Possible MDX transplant?

ell10tt said:
> I guess that means simply disconnecting the tweeters in my Pilot, or do people recommend separate tweets too?
I have new tweeters installed and drive them with the new head unit. I have an amp to drive the door speakers and the 10" Rockford Fosgate enclosed sub. Whoa Mama! It sounds good. There are a few others who have done very similar installs, Kippy, 91Octane, etc...

Audio Upgrade

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are the speaker upgrades people are doing mainly just the fronts and sub? Or has anyone replaced all speakers in the Pilot?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are the speaker upgrades people are doing mainly just the fronts and sub? Or has anyone replaced all speakers in the Pilot?

·
Registered
27 Posts
trlengle said:
For now I am going one step at a time. I will do the fronts with an amp. I will evaluate the sub next and may replace it. The rear doors will be last if at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts