Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought that we should have a positive thread about what we like about our Pilots. I just turned 2000 miles (don't have to drive very long to work) and I noticed what I like about my Pilot this week-----
The view from the Pilot seat is great!!!!!!!!!!:2: :2:

I like many things about my new SUV but on the way to work today, I really noticed with the sun coming in and the great view all the way around the intersections that Honda did a great job of making the Pilot a vehicle that you can actually see a lot from.
I can't wait til I get to take it on a trip with great scenery because it will be like looking thru a wide angle camera lens (that's the photographer coming out). ;)

Let us hear from the rest on what they like that they had not really thought about before.
Regards,
Bob
:awais:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I agree about the view! After staring at the rear end of every van, SUV and dump truck in SW Fl on my way to work I can now at least see if the light is still green!

The cubby-hole storage, the auto-mirror, the interior lighting, the 3rd row if I need it and the comfort of the drive are a few of what comes to mind right now. :29:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Let us hear from the rest on what they like that they had not really thought about before.
The fact that it makes everyone look! :eek: I was sitting at a stoplight with some kind of Mitsubishi SUV behind me....I was looking in the mirror and I could literally see the girl in the passenger seat say "Honda Pilot? I don't think I've seen one before." (does that qualify me as a lip reader?) But they were like "what the heck is that??" A man and woman in a Windstar passed me and the man did a triple-take. He looked sorta at me first, then at the side of the Pilot, then at the front of it.

Other things I like about it are the center console (very well laid out), lots of storage space. Big glove box, lots of room in back, fold-flat third row seat. Pretty good fuel mileage for an SUV. Looks good, nice color inside and out. (green/tan). Rear windows go ALL the way down!

Perhaps maybe the best thing is that, although I paid $30K for mine, I feel like I'm driving a $40,000-50,000 "luxury" SUV. Who needs an Acura MDX?

P.S. I'm also in the process of changing my plates to read "N-FLYT" :D There's so many things you can do with the Pilot name.
For my next project, I might try to strap some wings on it!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Don't know if it's just my perception, but the remote works from an awesome distance and even from inside a house. When visiting my Mom at Thanksgiving, I forgot to lock the Pilot - I was on second floor of her house about 35 feet away - aimed the remote at the window and locked the Pilot from inside. I mentioned this to my daughter, and she said 98 Honda Civic she had was same way. My Vette requires that I be within about 15 feet before remote will work. I have used the remote - lock button to sound the horn in a parking lot to locate the buggy! :4:

bakerlar

·
Registered
725 Posts
What Me Likes!

The Engine: Hands down one of the smoothest engines on the road. I also like the nice flat torque curve when your jumping on the gas pedal.

The Transmission: Even when riding the PILOT hard - the transmission shifts smoothly all the time, even when climbing mountains (which we tend to do in Colorado).

View from front seats: Great view of the show happening in front of you - 'nuf said.

Jesus Handles: They're everywhere inside the vehicle and they have lights - it's like daytime when you turn the interior lights on, which is a good thing.

Third Row Seating: Yes it's going to be a little tight for adults back there, but the fact that you can lay them completely flat and have all that storage space back there makes up for any negative.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sandman You Absolutely Right

:p You are right about the issue we all experience with the Pilot. We should talk about the GOOD thing about the Pilot. Mine is now 1630 Miles, and it is still counting the miles each day and very sssssmmmmooootttthhh ride. Couple of weeks ago when it reach 1000 miles on the Highway I push the gas for the very first time to 85MPH, I tell you all, it is so quiet and smooth; I can't compare my Pathfinder 1999 to the Pilot as you can see the HP on the Pathfinder was only 168 vs 240.
What do I like about the Pilot? EVERYTHING.

SS EX-L RES #35211

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have had mine for two weeks now and love it. Paid MSRP and the dealer John Eagle Honda threw in full window tint and rear mud flaps. This is the second Honda we have gotten through this dealer and very satisfied with them. Dean was our salesman and a good guy to work with on getting a new car. So, if you are in the North West part of Houston, give them a try.

I was really not planning on getting a new car anytime soon until I was stopped on 529 waiting for the car in front of me to make a left hand turn and a F350 coming from behind wanted the same space I was in. The day the insurance company called and said they totaled my 2000 Ford Ranger XLT, I dropped by John Eagle about 3 and drove out with a Pilot LX around 5:30.

A few things I like about the pilot: Brakes, they are great. View from the drivers seat, this is one of the few SUV that has very good visibility all around the vehicle. It has a lot of space inside, I’m 6’4 and still have more headroom than I could ever hope for. The ride is great and when I made my first U turn I could hardly believe it. Very easy to maneuver.

A few things I do not like about it. I have some sort of noise coming from the rear. Sounds like a rubber bushing rubbing. Dealer going to have a look at it on Tuesday. The sound system in the LX leaves a lot to be desired. My Ranger had an upgraded sound system. I really miss the quality of sound I had. I plan on a trip to Best Buy for a Kenwood Music Keg and receiver, power amp and maybe upgrade the speakers. This should solve the sound system problem. (Now if I can just talk the wife into it).

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the biggest thing I like about my Pilot is the smooth, tight sophistication of the ride quality. Makes me feel very close to being back in my 2001 V6 Accord.

But, the Pilot offers so much more. 4800 Kms on her so far, and I'm completely happy with it. Well almost... Very dissappointed with the sound system. The subwoofer is very boomy and doesn't give full rich deep bass. Stock speakers are sub par. I will be changing out the speakers and tweeters with good aftermarket ones (stock units are paper cone made in Mexico) and will be installing the self contained sub I had in my Accord. Should make quite a difference.

As mentioned, I love my Pilot. Couldn't be happier with the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts