Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace the corroded positive battery cable on my 2008 Pilot. It looks like there are at least 9 of the part 91541-S0A-003 clips and possibly a few more clips. These do not look reusable. Can anyone confirm?

Does the replacement cable (32410-S9V-A02) come with these clips? If not, are there generic clips that can be used? The OEM clips become expensive when you're talking about so many of them and more importantly they take much longer to get whereas I can have the positive cable here tomorrow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
@road2cycle, your post about the split bushings and how to move that and get an alternator in was so much help! Sounds like you may have done (or helped someone) with the positive cable before. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,841 Posts
Wasn’t me that replaced the alternator. Still running with the original one on my 2005.

The battery cable doesn’t appear to come with the clips. If those are the ratcheting tie wrap style clios then they aren’t reusable.

I get all my OEM parts from here. Their pricing is generally 30-40% below list.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, you're right it was rcsoar4fun with the alternator advice. I actually called up one of the local Honda parts departments and they said that the OEM cable does come with the clips. And yes they are tie wrap so they are not reusable. I'm going to order an OEM cable and will report back on if it really does have the clips or not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I can confirm that the OEM cable DOES come with all the necessary clips. I got it on Amazon for $70. I had also bought an aftermarket cable for $50 but that did NOT come with the clips. Once you add the price of the clips, the aftermarket cable would cost more.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,841 Posts
Kudos for coming back and posting the OEM cable includes the ties. Hopefully the install is quick and easy.

Reactions: VTHokiePilot
1 - 6 of 6 Posts