Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this should be posted at the accessory forum. Somebody posted how to put a portable dvd player or laptop on the center console, using bungee?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice job, murali.

But it's a little too up front. My son's car seat is right behind driver seat. I wonder if I can use bungee cords to tie a laptop or portable DVD player between the two front seats for him to watch movies.

In the audio discussion, you can install an adaptor and run the audio through pilot's audio system. Should be better than the cassett or FM options.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've tried to find a pic to post, but can't. I have seen a DVD in a bag that has straps which connect to the 2 front seats for rear seat viewing. I've seen it in the store and a pic on the box. It was either an audiovox unit at Circuit City or an Eddie Bauer (lightly disguised Audiovox) unit at Target. Neither store site has that pic posted either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the Eddie Bauer in a bag version at Target, but only the picture, don't know how to hang in the car. That one is kind of too small, 5 inch screen. I am thinking to buy at least a 7" one, or use my laptop. However, without being able to securely tighten it, I dare not to take that on any trip.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Depending on your budget, some systems have a detachable monitor that can be securely strapped to the front-seat headrest.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've put the portable DVD Player on the top of the console lid. The DVD player has a rubber bottom - so it sticks to the leather. I was doing highway driving, but it didnt go anywhere.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
barbmcs said:
I've put the portable DVD Player on the top of the console lid. The DVD player has a rubber bottom - so it sticks to the leather. I was doing highway driving, but it didnt go anywhere.
Yes, but if you have a crash - or even a sudden stop - it becomes a projectile. I wouldn't put it on the console unless you had a way to secure it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We're looking at the portable DVD player solution as well. This looked interesting,

http://www.buychoice.com/prodDetail.cfm/43764,Suspension Theatre,MX1

So did this

http://www.portabledvdstore.com/sustheatsys.html

Would be very interested to hear:
- if anyone has used these suspension theatres?
- what type of DVD player folks are using? At present the Samsung DVD L100 or the Toshiba SD-P2000 are our front runners. Both are said to have excellent viewing from the sides, thus the two outside seats.

Thanks!

·
Registered
495 Posts
tracy said:

Yes, but if you have a crash - or even a sudden stop - it becomes a projectile. I wouldn't put it on the console unless you had a way to secure it.
EXCELLENT point, tracy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Audio thru pilot's system

Everest,

What adapter are you referreing to that can connect sound to the pilot's system.

Mir.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
tracy said:

I agree.....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
This is the system that I have set up for the long road trips, it's an Audiovox dvd/cd player with a/v inputs for game console. It works very well and a very easy set up, my wife and I sure appreciate having it in the pilot to keep the kids pre occupied... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
..it sits on the center console, secured with a quick adjusting strap.
Both kids have excellent view of the screen and the player is small enough to leave space for my wife and I to rest our elbows on the front portion of the console......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
the strap has a quick release buckle for easy access/instalation, it goes around the top of the player and under the lid of the center console...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
..the kids use headphones so the front passengers can still listen to music.....besides I dont need to hear the dialouge on Top Gun for the 100th time.......( I know it by heart )...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Infotech,
The player has only one output for headphones but I use a "Y" adapter so I can hook up two headphones.....it is not a wireless system.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts