Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 VP AWD 140k
I had the front R axle replaced and after that everything has gone downhill. The car has vibrated at low acceleration since it was replaced. The mechanic said it was seized up but there were no symptoms to let me know that, we just realized it was leaking fluid.
Took it back to mechanic and he replaced the L front axle cause it was also going bad. Still vibration. He swapped out the R front to make sure it wasn’t a bad part and it did not help. Then the popping sound began when shifting from P to R. It doesn’t do it all the time but 80% of the time.
Took it back to mechanic again and he said the transfer case is bad and u joints. Replaced entire driveshaft and transfer case. Still same noise!
Does anyone know what this could be?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Vibration is still there also but it probably needs aligned after the axles have been replaced.
I’m worried the seized axle has cause irreversible damage to my AWD.

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
Before you shift into P next time, put the parking brake on, release foot brake, allow car to settle, then shift into P. When you start it up, do not release the parking brake until you are in d or r.

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
Doing that will release/remove the tension in the drivetrain that is created by putting the car into P and having it roll that little bit that it will do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts