Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Have you experienced electrical issues with either the infotainment system or safety sensors?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This IS a safety concern. My situation sounds like the same that many, many others are going through. Popping/cracking sounds coming from speakers were initially "fixed" only to spur up additional electrical issues and even a rattling sound coming from the DVD area. Those of you suffering through these issues need to report this to NHTSA. The more of us that report it, the more Honda will have to accept responsibility for putting a knowingly faulty infotainment system into vehicles, for at least 2 yrs in a row. (I've heard, per dealership technician, 2019 models have this issue as well. I personally own a 2020 Elite. I really hope 2021 didn't get stuck with this too!) A warranty is meant to cover repairs, but the wasted time and frustration is definitely not covered. You know it's bad when Honda voluntarily sends you a 1 yr extended warranty, this after only being in the shop for the 2nd attempt at repairs. What good is that when they can't get it fixed at all? We need to know what speed we are traveling at....for our safety and those driving around us. We need to have sensors set to work accurately in emergent traffic situations, not to lock up our brakes for absolutely no reason.
Please report to NHTSA! Thank you.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
I wonder if this has something to do with the technician's skills. I too have the same issue when I brought my 2020 Pilot to the dealership where I bought the vehicle. The issue seems to have been resolved but after a week it came back with a vengeance, angrier and louder than ever. I then brought it to a different Honda dealership, one closer to my house, and a regional Honda technician was luckily spending the week in that dealership. It took them 3 days to do the TSBs, test run and even left it overnight in 2 degrees Fahrenheit weather and then did the test run in the morning. I got the car back and it has been almost 3 months and I have not heard a single popping and crackling sound. I suggest, if you haven't done it already, to request that a regional Honda technician be the one to look at your vehicle, but nonetheless, good luck on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info to request a regional Honda tech. The really scary, loud popping sound was resolved the first time I took it to the dealership. However, that fix left my Pilot with several other, new issues....including a remaining slightly less offensive popping/crackling sound when using CarPlay. Supposedly the fix for the remaining popping requires an update/fix in the app. However, Honda is still "working" on that fix (per my service dept advisor) and there is no time line as to when the update will be available. I just don't get how this is acceptable....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts