Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 117xxx. Get a pop clunk kinda sound when taking off or sometime on hard stops. Changed stab links and no difference. Please advise thanks

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Does it sound like it's in the drivetrain, frame, suspension or brakes?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it sound like it's in the drivetrain, frame, suspension or brakes?
Suspension I believe. Also have an occasional creaking when braking. Don’t know if the two are related. But the poppy clunk sound will occur without brakes applied

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Suspension I believe. Also have an occasional creaking when braking. Don’t know if the two are related. But the poppy clunk sound will occur without brakes applied
I'd get some jack stands under it and see what's failing. Hate to speculate. Could be the lower control arm bushings pulled apart. Check and see if the 2 large bolts connecting the sub frame to the radiator core support are tight. These can pop, if loose. But it could be a CV axle.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd get some jack stands under it and see what's failing. Hate to speculate. Could be the lower control arm bushings pulled apart. Check and see if the 2 large bolts connecting the sub frame to the radiator core support are tight. These can pop, if loose. But it could be a CV axle.
I don’t think cv doesn’t have the tell tale signs. I was thinking compliance bush since they are quite common on the second gen. Naturally it’s past the Honda extension warranty for the issue but whatevs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts