Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

What did you do with the license plate bracket?

• I left the dealership one on.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • I took the dealership one off.

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • I replaced the dealership one with something else.

Votes: 24 43.6%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did your dealership put a front and/or rear license plate bracket on your new Pilot? If so, what did you do with it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I asked the salesman not to put any dealer stuff on my car, like a decal or plate. He complied, as I didn't pay 32K to give them free advertising.

EJ

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
They put on a rear license plate frame and rear decal. I waited until after all of the warranty items were corrected and then I removed them both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was given a front bracket and a rear frame already on the car.

Damned if I can't figure out how to mount the front bracket. No instructions are included.

When I go to get my first oil change I guess i'll ask them to put it on.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
No stickers, but had dealer emblemed steel license plate frams both of which I removed. My University Alumni frame went on the back and a GT Bikes frame on the front.

PrG

·
Registered
138 Posts
Eddie Joe said:
I asked the salesman not to put any dealer stuff on my car, like a decal or plate. He complied, as I didn't pay 32K to give them free advertising.

EJ
Same for me too. It's bad enough that the manufactures emblems have tripled in size over the years. That big "H" on the back is enough for me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Rainbowslim said:

Same for me too. It's bad enough that the manufactures emblems have tripled in size over the years. That big "H" on the back is enough for me.
They made 'em bigger 'cause they know us baby boomers are gettin' older and can't see so well anymore.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Both front and rear brackets were on with dealer decals in both. I removed the front one yesterday and will replace the rear one when I receive a custom bracket. Is anyone leaving the front bracket off?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have left the front bracket off of my vehicles since 1992. I have only been stopped by law enforcement 1 time and I had the bracket & plate in the trunk. I just told him it came off at a car wash and I hadn't put it back on yet. Got a warning ticket. When the auto makers start making the front brackets look like a part of the car and not just a stick on, I'll start putting them on again.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey 4603pba thanks for mentioning the part about leaving the bracket and plate in the trunk. I forgot about that part. I couldn't agree with you more, when they make it look like part of the car, we'll leave them on.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts